Icy iphone jailbroken. bricks on reset!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by cawthorne, Oct 31, 2009.

1. cawthorne

cawthorne New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hi there. I recently noticed that if you reset (erase all content and settings) to a jailbroken iphone with icy or cydia installed, on reboot it will fails at the apple boot logo and goes no further with a crashed loading circle. This happened to me and so i restored it with a hacked .ipsw file with pwnage 3.1.4 and itunes and it worked fine, i went to open icy and it started saying moving file directory /applications. When it had finished i reset it again and the same thing happened, so i opened icy again and quit it before it had a chance to move the directory and then went back into it and it worked, apart from that it hadn't installed dpkg so was useless. I did a reset again and it worked fine and icy was still there!(but still hasn't got any of the essential files dpkg etc.)
    so the problem must be that it moves a directory to a different partition or something.
    Okay here is what i'm trying to do, i want a unlocked iphone only not jailbroken just unlocked so i can sell it to a shop and get £80 more pllus i think if we can do this it would be good for the community. However if i want it unlocked i must jailbreak, so my goal is to install icy/cydia unlock it with ultrasn0w (i have already downgraded baseband) then completely remove cydia/icy without them moving any directories on first boot, because the shop i'm selling it to will do a reset and that will obviously stop them buying it from me, thanks and all help is appreciated. oh yeah and i'm on firmware 3.1.2.
  2. beakybal4

beakybal4 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    icy is really buggy, stay well away from it if you want your ipod/iphone to work. Stick to cydia. turning off your caps lock once in a while wouldnt hurt either

Please Register or Log in to view images

Josh.
  3. Gershmer

Gershmer Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There is no need to type in all caps.

Also, in case you didn't know, Erase all Contents and Settings on a JB'ed device = Spinning Wheel of Death.
  4. iptlolage123

iptlolage123 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    just in case you dont no icy is long gone
  5. lolwut37

lolwut37 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Your caps lock hurts my eyes
  6. C4NNIBAL

C4NNIBAL Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Not to mention, it also makes you look un-edumacated. Well like others have said, don't bother with Icy. I only used when I needed to uninstall something extremely quickly, and for nothing else. All hail Cydia and Jay Freeman!
  7. iptlolage123

iptlolage123 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    use rock and cydia (rock to uninstall things)
  8. radicalmyk

radicalmyk New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello everyone,

Im new here.. I just want toask for help. I have an ipod touch 2g orig firmware is 3.1.1 then Jailbreak by Blackra1n and updated to 3.1.2. I also have the same problem like what is said in the all caps above =). everytime i reset my ipod or turn it off/on it automatically switch to connect ipod to itunes then restore then all my stuff in ipod is gone =(. can anyone help me out on how to Jailbreak without having an error like this.
  9. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I think you have an iPod Touch 3G. Anyways, you're not supposed to restore, just run blackra1n and press 'make it ra1n' again. Everything will still be how it was when you turned it off.
  10. imnouser

imnouser Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    its not bricked dammit! a device is only bricked when u cannot do ANYTHING with it at all, only when ur device is an expensive paperweight is when its bricked