iCr@p Would Be A Better Name

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by boomclart, Mar 19, 2008.

1. boomclart

boomclart New Member

After using WMP for many years I have switched to iTunes (7.6) to try and get the best out of my new iPod Touch... thinking that it would obviously be well versed and surely be well up there on the useability scale.

Well how wrong am I... it's a complete shambles... it's incredibly slow when trying to complete any tasks... the options are poor across theboard and more infuriating than anything else is its constant decision to bring itself to the front of your screen no matter what you are doing, be it surfing, playing a game, writting an email etc etc etc.

There is no option to shut this down and the only option is to kill iTunes completely... now I gave it the benefit of the doubt and tried re-installs and looked high and low for settings to disable this behavious but alas nothing. How so many people out there can live with this software I do not know... I'm off to find a plugin for WMP... at least it knows whos boss!
  2. dwonder3

dwonder3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It doesnt slow my computer down at all. iTunes kicks butt!
  3. thesmidge

thesmidge New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Wow... you sound like a communist: "at least it knows whose boss!"
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

You've got something wrong with your computer if iTunes keeps trying to make itself the topmost window.

EDIT: Also, my iTunes is not slow or unresponsive at all. How old is your computer?
  5. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Lol.

When I actually tried using WMP as my main program for music + video management on my Touch, I was deeply disappointed. I used the most popular plugin, and it made everything a complete mess. From longer syncing times, to having NO CLUE whatsoever on how to sort the songs on my Touch. Plus, it kept grabbing random mp3 files off my computer, not just my music, and I couldn't make it stop.

iTunes may not be a good program, but it's the best when it comes to syncing your Touch with your media library.
  6. boomclart

boomclart New Member

My PC is only a year old and if you google the actual bring-it-to-front behaviour you will see that it is something that many people have a problem with... I'm venting my frustration because it is really causing displeasure in the use of my new ipod touch.

The more I read the more I see that itune is not a great app, maybe WMP won't serve the puropose any better but for general play I'm going to have to stick with it rather than itunes.

As for being a communist... pah... the app should not behave in such a manner end of story and I am not a communist because I expect it to be more stable and useable.
  7. inatightspot

inatightspot New Member

There's a program called foo_bar : www.foobar2000.com It's a media player interface that I've used with my other ipods that just now has a plugin for the ipod touch. MusicMusic is the inventor of a program called foo_dop. Go to the site search for the program and give it a try. It's the best although the touch interface is new and you may have to put up with some aggravation while the bugs are worked out but it does look promising