Icons

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by CriminalCouture, Aug 10, 2009.

1. CriminalCouture

CriminalCouture New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am new to this whole making icons from scratch. I was just wondering how do you guys do it... Do you search the web to find a basic design and then enhance it or what? Or do you just draw something in there. Can you enlighten me with some basic steps.. I don't want to make icons that have just the text in them lol.. kinda gets boring.. Please help me out if you can. I would greatly appreciate it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Ov3rl0rd

Ov3rl0rd New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I would suggest using Photoshop if you have it and do what I did when I started, take pictures from the internet and enhance them, mess with them a bit till you get something you like. Your first few may not be great but its practice and you will learn how to create your own pictures no problem. Just keep in mind they need to be 62x62 so if you have a larger image, scale it down and make it look good. Good luck and hope to see some cool icons ^^
  3. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    60 X 60 is the default icon size. Other than that, pretty good advice.

Experiment as much as you can. Soon enough, it'll feel natural and you'll improve.
  4. Ov3rl0rd

Ov3rl0rd New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol I knew it to but than I looked at my custom icons and the size is 62x62 rofl >.<
  5. Pablojrz

Pablojrz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ull get better as time goes on but it will take alot of work.

if u dont have photoshop try gimp
  6. ace2790

ace2790 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    They do take a lot of work, I have been messing around for months and still can't get or create them like I want them. I've found tutorials on how to smooth edges and what not, but when it comes to custom icons...you are on your own.
  7. ace2790

ace2790 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch