Icons that will stay in dock

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by thedj, Feb 3, 2010.

1. thedj

thedj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I use infidock and i have 8 icons in my dock, and everytime my springboard crashes those icons go away and there is only 4 icons again, i have to put all those icons back in to the dock is there a way to always keep them there?
  2. dzwestwindsor

dzwestwindsor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    my answer is no. It's just how it works... i didn't even know you could fit 8 icons on ur dock... doesn't the text overlap? I'm running 5 wide and it nearly overlaps
  3. thedj

thedj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Im only using 5 icons that show in my dock and then you scroll to the right to see the rest, with infindock, so it does not overlap, it looks perfect, but its just long to move all the icons back to the dock after you respring
  4. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Go into Cydia and download SpringBack. You have to run it every time you go into safe mode, but you can use it to save the layout of your springboard and it will restore to whatever layout you want. I use five icons in the dock and when my device goes into safe mode (which if you take good care of it it shouldn't very often) instead of just hitting the "restart" button I open springback and hit restore on my layout and then it resprings and is back to normal.
  5. DAOSgeek

DAOSgeek Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, I agree with that. For some reason, Lockscreen likes to crash my iPod if i type my password wrong and re-type it correctly, so I have to use springback.