Icons not working on respring?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by Code Name_Raven, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Code Name_Raven

Code Name_Raven Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ok, so whenever i download something from cydia which requires a respiring, my icons seem to stop working. I tap them and nothing happens. I thought i would fix this by rebooting it but in stead i held power and home and it took me to my lockscreen. I unlocked it and pushed cancel for power off and magically my apps started to work again.

any one else getting this?
  2. Insane Death

Insane Death New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've had the same problem a few times as well, while doing the same thing as you.

The way I fix it is just to respring with SBSettings, only takes a few seconds and you can use your apps again.

I'll see if I can get it to happen again and I will post if so.

Edit: I just got it to happen again, I tried holding the home+power buttons and the same thing happened to me with the lockscreen and power off cancelling. My apps started to magically work again too. Looking into it more.

Edit 2: I just made it happen again, seems that the lockscreen and power off thing occurs with just holding the power/sleep button.
    Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?
  3. Code Name_Raven

Code Name_Raven Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Found a fix, if you have enable respring plus lock in supreme prefs, disable it and you will not have this problem anymore, toggle found under system section