Icons not themed

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by entgegen, Oct 16, 2008.

1. entgegen

entgegen New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok, so I have a whole crap-load of apps on my iPod. Obviously, some apps may have a corresponding icon for the theme I'm using, while others don't and will retain their original icon when the theme is applied. However, in the icon set I have for a theme I'm using (I didn't make the theme myself, so I didn't have anything to do with naming the files), there are icons for apps that I have that aren't skinned with the theme.

For example: I have the game Five Dice. Even though the theme icon for Five Dice is in the icon folder with all other theme icons, the Five Dice app continues to retain its original icon even when the theme is applied. I also have Labyrinth. Its theme icon is in the same icon folder as the Five Dice theme icon, yet it shows the themed icon when the theme is applied. Both theme icons are in the same folder, yet one is displaying the theme icon while the other is not. This isn't just isolated to Five Dice, by the way.

This makes me think that it's an issue with the theme icon's file name (if I'm wrong about this, by all means correct me). But if it's a file name issue, I have no idea what to rename the theme icon in order to make it work. Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

What is the icon name, and what is the name of the app on the SpringBoard?
  3. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

Change the filename to the name displayed on springboard.
    Remember the file names are case sensitive.

For example, iProcastinate shows up as 'Tasks' on the springboard, therefore the icon's name should be Tasks, and so on.
  4. entgegen

entgegen New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    In this particular instance, the icon name is "FiveDice.png", and the app is "Five Dice". I tried renaming the icon "Five Dice.png", even "Five_Dice.png", both with no luck.

On the other hand, I messed around with the icon name for the Labyrinth app, which had an immediate effect on the icon displayed on Springboard, so what I'm attempting to do does/should have an effect.
  5. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

If you have Terminal, enter this:

su

alpine

cd Applications

find | grep Five

And tell me what it spits out.
  6. entgegen

entgegen New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ...it spit out a whole lot of stuff. I didn't have Terminal nor have I ever used it, so I downloaded it, everything was going smooth, got to the "find | grep Five" and it looks like it gave me the name of every file in the Five Dice application folder.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Wait...I got it. Thanks for your help. You have the patience of a saint.