Icons not for apps (hard to describe)

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by DevourOfDarkness, Sep 15, 2010.

1. DevourOfDarkness

DevourOfDarkness Member

So I am exploring theming on ios 4 and I have come across something that has really stumped me.
    So we know it sucks to have large icons because the multitasking bar ends up looking horrible. What I occasionally did in 3.1.3 was actually add a bookmark shortcut to the homescreen and give that an icon. This sounds like a great solution to this multitasking bar problem. Except all bookmark icons, for some strange reason, are always rescaled to the default 60x60(might not be right i can't remember the exact dimensions). This is completely annoying.

So right now I am trying to think of other ways to get around this. Tried theming bookmarks as well as blanks, and obviously they did not work as they are both webclips. And I thought of making the icons just part of the wallpaper but that sucks if the theme has more then one page.

I honestly haven't tried much because I really can't think of anything to do :/.

So, does anyone know how to, stop the webclips being rescaled, or better yet, have any ideas to overcome the multitasking bar problem?

Thanks...
  2. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you set up your AppIconMask things to theme icons automagically, it also themes webclips.
  3. DevourOfDarkness

DevourOfDarkness Member

Oh that's awesome! But can you actually make them bigger? We aren't talking like a 5x increase, more like, 1.5x bigger or something. This still doesn't help that much though, since I need more then one image.
  4. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm not sure about that, I've only done it with icons that are a little bit smaller than the standard 59x59. You could definitely try, it's not hard to do if you already have a general template for icons.