Icons don't change

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by srsbznss, May 12, 2009.

1. srsbznss

srsbznss New Member

When I install themes using Winterboard, most of the icons will usually change, but my music player,video and photo icons will still be stock. I know for sure that these icons should not be stock because I have seen screen shots of the themes where the icons are completely changed. Please help.
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Some themes are made for the iPhone and dont have music and videos icons. SSH and see if they are in the icon folder. If they are make sure they are named correctly if not then sorry.
  3. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Often people overlook the capitalization, it does count. Also the "s" at the end of Videos , the space in App Store , stuff like that.
  4. Yea I always found it a pain having to rename them so just SSH in and check the names etc.
  5. srsbznss

srsbznss New Member

I looked on the folder and the icons are there. I had to capitalize the i in iPod and an s to the end of Video. Thanks. But I have one more question if there are more than one icons for an app (for example gpSPhone.png and gpSPhone1.png) how do I switch between the two icons?
  6. Simple just swap the names around I.E. gpSPhone.png become gpSPhone1.png and vice versa.
  7. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well if you do that then it asks to overwrite. So name it to gpSPhone2.png then switch the other one. iFile really excels at this stuff btw, no SSH'ing necessary. And there is no capital "I" in "iPod.png" (should be exactly that minus quotes).