Icons, colors, ends.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by greyscreendeath, Nov 2, 2008.

1. greyscreendeath

greyscreendeath New Member

Well, here's my problem:

A couple of days ago, my ipod touch started acting weird. What first happened was the fact that i couldn't see my battery levels anymore. The top right icon didn't show a battery level, nor the charge icon with the little lightning on it, but an icon I had never seen before, and it was as if it had an adaptor on it. Simultaneously, my background changed to the green or red battery level you usually see when your ipod's charging.

Today, i was listening to a playlist, and a certain song was a bit too loud in my opinion, so i pressed the home button to get my ipod out of standby. I didn't get the green battery anymore, but just a grey screen, and then it went black again.

Now I can't turn it on anymore. If i charge it, nothing comes up on the screen and i can't connect to itunes because of the number code.

Anyone?
  2. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Put it in DFU mode and restore is the way to go

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. awesome761

awesome761 Banned

4. greyscreendeath

greyscreendeath New Member

Uhmm, dunno, i have the latest Itunes firmware i guess.

About the DFU mode, I tried the 7 seconds, 10 seconds thing, but that didn't work, nothing happened, actually. Am I doing it wrong? I'm following this video:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fiTcKMZfyfk

EDIT: I think the main reason it isn't working is because it's basically turned off, whereas all the vids i've seen about dfu mode are working with ipods that are turned on. Passable?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Sorry, but...

Help, anyone? My ipod seems to be completely shut down, DFU and restore are both not working.