icon rearrange and calendar fix

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by minority, Oct 13, 2007.

1. minority

minority New Member

For some reason when I modified the plist to arrange my icon it messed up the calendar adding ability. Anyone else having this issue. I tried it manually and with the downloadable patch.
  2. Emanjl

Emanjl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes, I also have this problem. I used the N45AP to edit my icon order, but once I apply the Calendar fix within Installer, the order is reset. If I edit N45AP again, the calendar '+' button disappears. Sigh .. I guess we'll have to choose between the two ..
  3. bindle

bindle Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i posted this in another thread, but forget about the calendar fix first. just get your springboard working properly. once you have all your icons how you want them and working properly, then just make this change to the N45AP.plist file.

add these 2 lines:

<key>editableUserData</key>
    <true/>

directly before the line:

<key>piezo-clicker</key>

that will fix the calendar and should not mess up the icons.
  4. USAngel

USAngel New Member

how do you edit this file with windows? I have a lot of strange symbols in there....
  5. yacoub

yacoub New Member

Same here. I copied one of the other user's example files and set it up the way I want it but can I just upload it as-is or do I need to convert it somehow into that strange format?

update: Straight upload works fine!

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. minority

minority New Member

on mine this code is there and it is still not working. No biggie I guess I still have notes in case something comes up.

Edit: never mind tried it again and it worked. Thanks guys
  7. trankillity

trankillity New Member

For the love of pete... Both of these modifications/fixes are in the same goddamn file. The N45AP.plist controls both the dock icon order AND the fix to be able to add calendar events.

If you edit your icon order manually, then you must also manually add the Calendar fix.