Icon ideas for a new theme

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by josh223123, Mar 23, 2009.

1. josh223123

josh223123 New Member

Hi everyone i am creating a theme i need ideas for icons/ any other suggestions you can give me will be taken into concideration also if i use your suggestion, credit will be given to you for whatever it is you gave me

Attached Files:

2. iKeablr

iKeablr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well from what I see it looks like you are going for a star burst type icons. Sort of like the App Store and iTunes icons. You know you shouldn't use images for your base of the icons. You should make your own that way you could change the colors the way you need to.
  3. josh223123

josh223123 New Member

so I should pick a different kind of background? im confused.. also somewhat new to creating themes
  4. iKeablr

iKeablr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I am not saying to choose a background I am saying to create your own from scratch you can use what you got as a template, but it is best if you make your own that way. And if you need to make an icon I have a tutorial you may want to run by. The tutorial is for basics, something you should be doing.
  5. josh223123

josh223123 New Member

yes all the help i can get wud b great also what kind of icon theme should i go with?
  6. iKeablr

iKeablr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well that is all up to you. You give yourself the idea. Just stop and take a look at your surroundings, mainly look for shapes to give you your ideas. Once you got a shape you want then you start the whole theme making process.
  7. josh223123

josh223123 New Member

i like how the appstore, cydia and those look how can i create that kind of effect in photoshop
  8. iKeablr

iKeablr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well I know of one way. You first get your icon size by default it is 59x60 I believe. Then paint it the white or black or any color you want. Go to Filter>Noise>Add Noise... I say put the amount at 25, then hit ok. Now go to Filter>Blur>Radial Blur... Put the amount to 100, the Blur method to Zoom, and Quality to Best. Now you should have that effect. Now you have the star burst effect. Mess with the Blending Modes to get the best effect though.
  9. josh223123

josh223123 New Member

which blending modes?
  10. iKeablr

iKeablr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That is for you to figure out which one is best. It all depends on the color you choose.