icon backgrounds

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by WhatsMyName, Oct 8, 2010.

1. WhatsMyName

WhatsMyName New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have made icons b4. i know how to make them, but now when i try to make my icon background transparent, its black on my itouch.
    i have made many of them in the past with no problems at all. orbs and renders with transparent. its been a few months since i did this, so, mebbe im forgetting something.
    when i make my file in photoshop, i make sure its 60x60 rgb 8 bit with transparent background. in any other photo viewers i open em with they are correct, but when i install them, they have the black background. sup wit dat?

Please Register or Log in to view images

it seems i remember doing this the exact way b4 but i also seem to remember using my rgb channels, but i think that was for something else.
    i read somewhere that i have to have it more than 24 bit but i cant save in png if i change it from the 8.
    any help would be appreciated
  2. dannyroxxx

dannyroxxx New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What more do you expect to see behind the transparency? Lol, you can just ad a white layer or sum other color layer under the transparent layer in Photoshop
  3. WhatsMyName

WhatsMyName New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    lol, nah man , i was talking about the icon itself had a black area inside it when i had a picture of my lil girl as the wall paper. i fixed it though, i dont know what i did, but i re worked the icon and set it in a different png that was in my photo shop. i have two for some reason and one doesnt work right.
    thnx for the input though
  4. magusxxx

magusxxx New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    When I make an icon I have the default Background layer in photoshop all white. I then layer my graphics on top of that. Before saving, I turn that default Background off, so you see the checkerboard. This means the background is transparent. I then save and they work fine.