icomic

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ohaozo, Mar 18, 2009.

1. ohaozo

ohaozo New Member

Hi,
    I've read the icomic post but i couldn't know what to do. I download comic from mangatraders and they are already in .zip format. Why can't i see anything when i transfer it. Please guide me. THANKS.
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Your comics zip archives must contain only jpeg, gif or png images. Also keep the comic file names simple and make sure you upload them to the correct directory. If you could keep talk of iComic to the relevant thread here in future then that would make sure your questions are always answered as there's a couple of us constantly watching that thread.

And if that doesn't work then give us more detail please... Which version of iComic are you using and exactly where and how are you transferring your comics. Also if you can upload a copy of one of the comics somewhere and provide a link we can have a look - a lot of the time it is the format of the comic that is the problem.

[p.s. my first post as a mod... woo yay hoopla]
  3. ohaozo

ohaozo New Member

4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Okay with a bit more info we have solved your problem

Please Register or Log in to view images

iComic v13 fom Cydia reads comics from the <private>/var/mobile/Media/Comic directory. The directory you mention is only for the old version of iComic on 1.* firmwares. Try that and if you're still having problems let me know and I'll look at the comic format to make sure that it is okay.

p.s. is there some mis-information somewhere that led you to use the wrong directory or did you just misread something? If it's the former I would obviously like to correct it. Thanks