iClarified - How to Jailbreak Your OTB 1.1.2 iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by slevytam, Jan 23, 2008.

1. slevytam

slevytam New Member

Hi,

Its taken me a while but I finally got around to creating a few jailbreak tutorials for the iPod touch. The tutorials are for the 1.1.2 OTB iPod touch. They have every screenshot and step along the way so hopefully I've improved on most tutorials out there.

Take a look hopefully they will help someone out:

Windows: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=593
    Mac: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=580

NOTE*: As soon as 1.1.3 jailbreak is released I will also post that!

Cheers!
  2. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    good guides! just make sure the 1.1.3 one is up within 30.124435435435435 seconds within the release, or I won't be using it! j/k. there will be so many tut's up by the time I get home from school

Please Register or Log in to view images

How did you get the screenshots of the unjailbroken ipod? did you cloak it?
  3. vaxdood

vaxdood Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I must say first that I was VERY impressed with your tutorial. I had great hopes that I would find the missing link that keeps me from jailbreaking my iPodTouch. A little historical note first, I jailbroke it a couple days after Christmas when I got it, and with considerable thrashing around using a few different procedures it worked. Since then I've been loading all sorts of applications, the one that finally did me in is the one that allows you to set up folders and group games, utilities, etc. I don't remember what it's called, but it blew away my springboard.

So I started all over again, no big thing right? I was wrong, it's apparently a BIG thing for me because I'm doing something wrong and I can't get a 1.1.2 jailbroke version to run. What is happening is that I downgrade to 1.1.1, install AppSnapp, install OKtoPrep, then upgrade to 1.1.2, and run jailbreak.jar. It goes through the process, then finishes with the iPodTouch in a recovery mode, and stays there. I followed your instructions about clicking Ok, and quitting iTunes, then restarting the iPod, but it comes up with the same thing... VERY frustrated... What am I doing wrong?

I'm running a MacBook Pro, with Leopard 10.5.1, and I deleted then re-downloaded the apps from your tutorial, so I'm working with your recommended fresh software...

vaxdood ~
  4. crunchbot

crunchbot New Member

your guide is very good except that it fails to mention that this only works if you have itunes 7.5 or earlier. If you've upgraded to itunes 7.6 you have to wait for some kind of new crack or downgrade 7.6 to 7.5 which is not as simple as it would seem. Otherwise, good guide. the screenshots help. I'll also note that I was having the same problem with the above poster, and figured out it was the 7.6 itunes problem that others are reporting, and that I have stuck with 1.1.1 and had no problems with stability and installations. Instead of moving around my itunes library and trying to delete every library entry that 7.6 made, I'll just wait for a way to do this with 7.6.
  5. ismaelgokufox

ismaelgokufox New Member

Good Guide, The Best for Me

got my touch at 3 and jailbreaked at 10 just 7 hours and now comes the fun
  6. tabsfx

tabsfx New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thats a pretty detailed guide, thanks!

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Very nice tutorial.
  8. btullis99

btullis99 New Member

i used this tutorial for my ipod touch that i had already set up and have been using for a while. i made it all the way to the last step, i double click on windows.bat file and click ssh and hit jailbreak, then a msdos window pops up, and it just sits there. i never get the java progress bar. what should i do now?