iCal based entrepreneur game. Anyone interested?

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by Meikura, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just recently, I thought up an idea for a game which is based almost entirely in iCal. The basic storyline is that you are a wannabe entrepreneur who has decided to open a business in [insert field here].

The way that my game would differ from others is that your primary way to interact with the game would be by creating events in iCal sort of like a diary. For example, you could create a "Finance report" event for every sunday which would then create a file on your hard-drive and link to it in the event containing all of your finance data.

The main game application would be an applescript executable which will process the events within your iCal and then modify them appropriately...sort of like a personal secretary.

Events will have to be properly spaced out, and within certain hours (or you'll have to pay your secretary overtime hehe). Also, events which are not properly timed, such as giving the hiring process 20 minutes, will cause them to be cancelled.

Most, if not all, of this is possible since I've been researching iCal's applescript integration and it's pretty advanced. I also have quite a lot of experience interpreting English syntax, since I wrote a program for children to enter commands and have it move a turtle.

What do you guys think? Sound like a good idea?
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    great idea. After my app i might look into it.

edit: actualy... cancle that... this looks hard lol
  3. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, I have A levels in a few days so I'm not going to be working on it till probably the 19th but after looking at the iCal dictionary it shouldn't be too hard and I'm pretty good at Applescript.