IC-info.sidb problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Gitykins, May 30, 2008.

1. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

So I was recently fooling around with my iPod, and I wanted to see if I could replace a song in my iTunes library with an mp4 from a downloaded MxTube video by changing the name of the mp3 to something else and changing the name of the mp4 to the previous filename of the mp3 and changing the file extension to mp3. I listened to the song and determined what it was in my existing library, and sure enough, when I changed all the file names, "Animal" by Pearl Jam now played "Shake It" by Metro Station, albiet the song was still called "Animal", but just played a different song.

So I obviously set out to change this, I couldn't live with playing "Animal" when I really knew it was "Shake It". I decided to first open some random files to see if it says "This File = This songname, on this album, by this artist". During this process, which led to no success, I somehow opened and/or deleted the (obviously) important IC-info.sidb file (which, IIRC, had less than 15 characters) under /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/iTunes, and now when I select the "Music" icon from my home screen, it says that I have no content.

Before I plug this thing back into my computer, I want to know how badly I screwed up. If anyone knows anything about this, or how I can fix it (if this file is a constant for everyone's iPod and you can give me the file contents, etc), help would be greatly appreciated
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Bump lolz.

I also noticed that I changed something in iTunesDB, I changed an S in a song name to a Z, just to see if in Music, it would change the song name to a Z, and after that, it immediately messed up, so I'm wondering if that has more correlation to my "no content" message and my iPod not being able to be read in iTunes on my computer.