iBrickr again?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by Hackboy25, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Hackboy25

Hackboy25 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So, basically, I've already used NateTrue's iBrickr method to jailbreak 1.1.3 three times, since the first 2 times it didn't work. But, unfortunately this was all yesterday and right before the new, official jailbreak method came out. So, i restored everything again and jailbroke the official way. I don't like the new method, so I'm going back to iBrickr, just cause it seems easier in my opinion.

My question is: Do i have to do iBrickr again? Everytime i go to installer, i keep seeing the 1.1.3 soft upgrade. I'm not sure whether this is from community sources or from when i used iBrickr.

Help?

THanks
  2. RedBooster

RedBooster New Member

I'm still a little confused... It looks like you jailbroke 1.1.3, using the Official Dev Team from installer (the easiest 1 step jailbreak besides 1.1.1 jailbreak) and you want to do iBrickr?

Don't. IBrickr is buggy, very buggy, and you can already see that 2 times it didnt work. Why risk another few hours?? Just use official leave your ipod hooked up to your computer go to bed/watch a movie, come back to 1.1.3 jailbroken Ipod Touch.

But I will still answer your question, If you restored from the 1.1.3 official jailbreak, then yes. You need to iBrickr again.

There is only 1.1.3 soft upgrade avalible from the installer (at least on my 50+ sources) it is official. And it will be there even if you have already jailbroken 1.1.3, because it is official.
  3. Hackboy25

Hackboy25 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    helpful

ok, that was very helpful. Thanks

I thought originally that iBrickr added that source for the softupgrade.

I restored because i had no space to install apps, and i tried to move them manuallys but kind of killed my ipod
  4. darc10222

darc10222 Banned

Seeing as the Official Dev's way IS Official. I would stick with that. And it is easier. And Nate True's is buggy. And it's using the iPhone Firmware (who knows what could happen?).