iBooks and Stanza

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by apple10, Jun 27, 2010.

1. apple10

apple10 Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    I have many Stanza books, but am planning to restore my iPod. (Even if I don't restore I want to know how to do this). I was wondering if there was a way I could backup my Stanza books and/or transfer them to iBooks. Any hel is appreciated. I am NOT jailbroken, so no SSH or DiskAid. I am on a Mac.

EDIT- I found out I can just restore to the backup, but I would still like to know, Is it possible to transfer my Stanza books to iBooks w/out a file management program (i.e. DiskAid, Cyberduck)?
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Every time you sync with itunes the data should be stored in the backup. If you were ever to restore just restore to the backup and your books should be in the backup.
  3. apple10

apple10 Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Thank you. But I would still like to know if it is possible to transfer my books to iBooks?
  4. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't think so. Only way is the jailbreak and use a SSH program.
  5. apple10

apple10 Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Okay. If there is truly no way, can someone tell me the directory of iBooks and the directory of Stanza books for SSH?
  6. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

No, since the Stanza directory will change depending on what device it is - Apple uses a random set of characters for the folder name. You'd have to look at each folder in /var/mobile/Applications to find one with Stanza.app in it, then look in the Documents folder for the files, which will all be oddly named. You'll then have to import those files into iBooks via iTunes to add them correctly.
  7. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    /var/mobile/applications/( )/documents

The app folder is a bunch of random letters and numbers so you'll have to go through each one to find the right one.
  8. apple10

apple10 Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Thanks everyone!!