iBook: how to create one

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Johnny Quest, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Johnny Quest

Johnny Quest Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Hey gang, I was wondering about iBooks; how do one create one? I wanted to put an EMS or Fire book into iTouch or a CPR first aid book. If any body can create one or tell me how to do it that'll be great. thanks.
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    They need to be in .txt .pdf or.html format. Then install the Books app from Installer.

You can then put them into the /private/var/root/Media/EBooks folder (you need to make the last one, capitalization matters).
  3. Hungern

Hungern New Member

HUhh I installed Books App through Installer, then my iPod restarted, up in Recovery mood.
    Can do nothing but to re jailbreak.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. cailean2k

cailean2k New Member

5. hotwater10

hotwater10 Banned

6. Hungern

Hungern New Member

Books.app is crap, it do not read PDF files. What a total waste of time.
  7. Kadoogan

Kadoogan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    So why not come up with something better yourself rather than slag off other people's work?

It reads html and txt files quite nicely. It has never claimed to support PDF so why expect it to? There is a PDF Viewer available, or even better install Apache and use that to access your PDF. You can also use it to view other types of files.

Jason.
  8. Hungern

Hungern New Member

Thing is, the majority of "ebooks" are in PDF format. But the Book app has its own books, so ok fine. But the applications name is annoying. Should be "html, txt reader" in my opinion.

I mean ebook readers support pdfs, but this one called ebooks.app for ipot don't.

I am using Apache, and PDFviewer for bigger pdf's.
  9. cailean2k

cailean2k New Member

I think microsoft reader and palm ebook reader would disagree with you on that one....

Personally I think the current ebook reader is a very usefull application. Even if it does require some work to convert files from lit, pdb, pdf and other ebook formats.
  10. Hungern

Hungern New Member

But still PDF is the ish since 1993, ehh I Dunno. Ok there are some ebook readers not supporting pdf, but pdf is in majority the most common form of ebook. (even if er and palm users dissagree) now.

There are oh so many people thinking pdf = ebook, like myself for example.

But what is more annoying than myself and the godamn name for -books.app are the folks stating and beliveing that -it do support pdf.