iBluetooth Released - First iPhone App to Allow Users to Transfer Files via Bluetooth

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by iLINUX, Mar 15, 2009.

1. iLINUX

iLINUX New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Phone Developer, MeDevil had announced in January that he was developing iBluetooth which would allow users to transfer files from their iPhone to other Bluetooth devices. He had also published a video showing an iPhone running the app sending and receiving files between a Mac and a Sony Ericsson handset.

The good news is that MeDevil has finally released iBluetooth making it the first iPhone app for the jailbroken iPhone to allow users to transfer files from their iPhone via Bluetooth, a feature which has been missing from the iPhone since its launch.

The iPhone comes with Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR (short for Enhanced Data Rate) built-in. But it only supports the Bluetooth Headset Profile and Bluetooth Hands-free Profile 1.5 which is a major limitation.

The most commonly requested applications in the Bluetooth stack by iPhone users are A2DP wireless stereo support and the ability to transfer files to other bluetooth devices.

iBluetooth will allow users to transfer any file via Bluetooth to other devices. It also has a built-in file viewer which will allow users to send any file on their iPhone.

Here are some of the screenshots of iBluetooth's user interface (courtesy iSpazio):

Please Register or Log in to view images

iBluetooth is available for 3.99 euros and you can install it on your jailbroken iPhone via Cydia. medevil hopes to bring features such as A2DP, Serial Port (needed for bluetooth GPS) etc in the future.

Another group of iPhone developers are also working on a project whose ultimate goal is to get all the missing Bluetooth profiles working on the iPhone. They had released an iPhone app called SweetTooth couple of months back that demonstrated the work they had done on unlocking the full capability of iPhone's Bluetooth.

Source: iPhoneHacks
  2. Wiizz

Wiizz New Member

Looks nice. Can you transfer music from your iTunes library?
  3. Pickaxe

Pickaxe New Member

The author said it'll be available in future versions (if it isn't already available now, I haven't checked)
  4. kylepsp

kylepsp New Member

Be nice if it supported the 2G iPod
  5. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    wasn't this released quite some time ago?
  6. ipNinja

ipNinja New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Yeah i've had it a good week now.

Future release will include adding received songs to iTunes lib

7. iLINUX

iLINUX New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Yes, bit slow on news these days

8. Pwndtouch

Pwndtouch New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Does it work with the iPod Touch
  9. iLINUX

iLINUX New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    /facepalm

The iPod Touch has no inbuilt bluetooth capabilities

10. oakr8r2

oakr8r2 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i downloaded and tried this today. overall mixed results from me. Everything incoming worked fine but when i sent stuff it would usually fail except like one or two times. If they upgrade this i would definitely pay for this