iBlank & iFile tutorials?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by The Crow, May 20, 2009.

1. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Is there a tutorial on these or is there a way to read on how these work in detail, or can someone write one or explain it in detail to me?? I am sure many would appreciate it, and I know that I would love to learn more about these features. I have been told for some of the Delnoch/Patrese mods. , you need to use one or both of these features and also Categories?

Thanks
  2. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well for any of the "Simple" delnoch themes, you don't need iBlank. And you never need iFile, it's just a useful tool. Categories however is quite necessary (or Springjumps).
    k, iBlank:
    What it does: creates Safari bookmarks with no icon (so they are blank) that don't lead anywhere.
    How to use: open it, you select the number of icons you want to make, and respring (should automatically) you'll probably have to use the wiggle feature to actually see where the icons are. Their purpose is simply to take up a springboard app space without showing. There should be an option in the bottom middle of the app screen that says "delete" use that to delete them.

iFile:
    What it does: I'll simplify it, it let's you browse and/or modify all the files on your iPod. So basically it serves all the functions that winSCP or whatever you use would except the ability to transfer files from your comp.
    How to use: Open it up, it'll access a directory (don't remember which one), but the top left button will take you up a directory until you get to / . Then you can navigate wherever you feel. Hit the arrow next to a file to view it's info (most useful to me for editing names). Haven't really done anything else, but if you hit the i in the bottom right there is a manual.

Categories:
    What it does: Makes a customizable folder that you can put apps in so that they don't take up springboard space.
    How to use: Open up Categories, hit Add in the top right, and enter your desired Category name and choose an icon (this is changeable later on). Once you do that tap your new category and click add. Simply tap the apps you want in that category to add them. Hit done when you're done. It'll auto-respring when you close it, and your category will be made and the apps you put in them will no longer be on your springboard (you can unhide them with poof).
  3. Person Dude

Person Dude New Member

step 1: open iblank
    step 2: click create blank icon
    DONE
  4. ninesevennine_979

ninesevennine_979 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just so you know, you can also get BlankNull from Cydia to stop Safari from opening each time you accidentally press a blank icon.

I think it's on the Apple-News.fr repo, look it up.
  5. ipodO

ipodO New Member

To make a blank icon addable to categories here's what you do:
    SSH into your ipod and go to /applications folders, create a new folder and call it blank.app, then create a blank icon (open up notepad/equivalent and save it as icon.png), place it your blank.app folder, then open up notepad/equivalent again and type the following in:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>Scale</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>ScrollPoint</key>
    <string>0.000000,-60.000000</string>
    <key>Title</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>DisabledIcon</key>
    <string>YES</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>

And save it as Info.plist and place in your blank.app folder. It should now look like this:

+Applications
    |-Info.plist
    |-icon.png

then download an app from cydia called MobileFinder, navigate to your blank.app folder from mobilefinder, and CHMOD (set permissions) your info.plist to 775 (just check every box). other ways of CHMODing are fine.

There you have it, a blank app with no icon and untappable that can be added to categories.
  6. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Thanks guys/gals, this is the best help and explination I have seen and thanks for all your replies. I will copy these and save them to a folder that I already have for later use, again thanks a lot!
  7. Jim Ver

Jim Ver New Member

Thx this is really helpfull