iBackup Work For You?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Numb, Jun 15, 2008.

?

Did iBackup Work For You?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    57.9%
  3. WTF is iBackup?

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  1. Numb

Numb Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hey..I heard about a lot of problems from this wonderful application for PC.

DId it work for you? Please post your problems...etc.
  2. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    It worked like a charm for me.
  3. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    NO it did not work for me. it took 4 1/2 hours for me to back up 1 GB of apps. i can Dl 1 GB of apps in 1/2 hours. and then when i finished, i coneected to iTunes and it doubled me "Other" filesize, and it was 2.56 GB and took up almost half of my ipod (b/c 8 GB ipot is actually 7.25 GB) and i was pissed off. And then it overheated my computor b/c it took soooooooooooo long. And then it didnt back up all of my apps. some were half files (fileparts).

It needs a lot of work. i had to restore and loose everything.

EDIT: i have the image of it attached. and i am 1000% shure it was half the size b4 i used it.

Attached Files:

4. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think my posts go invisible because nobody seems to care, but I am working on a beautiful little backup app that operates similarly to iBackup in the way that they retreive files in the same manner, but the UI and customization levels are a lot, no wait A TON better. While still in beta, I can already backup many things. The accompanying restore utility is slightly harder and will take more time to develop, BUT this will be part of the iPranks suite (a working title) when it goes for Public release. iPranks Beta testers get to try it early anyway

Please Register or Log in to view images

I would like to know WHAT you guys are backing up though.... I don't really need to backup much myself lol. PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIVES!!! lol thanks.

And by the way, it works

5. TheDuke1122

TheDuke1122 New Member

I have heard this before and this is why I haven't used it yet. Is this a common problem? And another thing, why can't you just copy all your files to your harddrive with ssh to back up everything?
  6. Greatnesss

Greatnesss Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i dont have wifi so i cant use ibackup

. Hey chris stroud could u add an option to backup using the usb?
  7. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If I knew how to access the iPod USB Libs I would rather do it that way... sadly I can't at this point. I want to just throw out there that I tested my current features and they all worked seemlessly. I want people to tell me what they want to backup though, otherwise it will just be greatness for nothing. Thanks.
  8. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I might also be making a little fun utility to import iSlsk media into your Computer's iTunes library so that there is no hassel. More info on that once I finish the backup. I still need more info on what people want to backup

9. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    I noticed your post in the other thread to some ppl r stupid

It would be nice to backup all apps, maybe everything you have in your summerboard and customize folders, and set permissions when putting back on to ipod that all i can think of right now

10. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have crashed, nearly bricked and froze my iPod to death until the battery went dead trying to catalog what permissions are where and how they should be distributed. the result of two hours work was an endlessly restarting SpringBoard

... not. Anyway, I reduced 107 lines of code to fix permissions etc. down to I think six lol. Much simpler. I don't see why iBackup doesn't do summerboard and customize, but I'm not that far in the game yet. That will be tomorrow

. Applications may be backed up and your installer caches. The great thing is that you PICK what you want to backup and you don't have to copy your whole iPod to your PC lol, which is great. keep giving me ideas, I have the foundation layed now so it's just copy, paste and a few edits to make new features now.

And what thread did I call people stupid? lol