iAno - Would _you_ like to be part of the next version. Samples needed desperately!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by MooTheCow, Feb 22, 2008.

1. MooTheCow

MooTheCow New Member

Hi there!

iAno needs YOU!

I'm having some amount of trouble sourcing decent piano samples for the next version of iAno. I need a full 88 key keyboard with each key individually sampled, and more importantly I need the rights to include those samples in the app! V1.0.0 used some old piano sampler patch I found on the net, but isn't really good enough to do a full keyboard. I have a test version that uses a "trial", uhem, of the Akai Steinway sample CD which is absolutely amazing and a million times better than the one I released, but I'm concerned over licencing (as I'm effectively repackaging the samples as my own), and to be honest the CD is pretty expensive and donations so far have stretched to purchasing a domain name and not a lot else.

What would be perfect for me is for someone with a nice piano to sample themselves playing each key in turn at the same velocity, save that as a Wav, potentially convert it to an MP3, and send it to me. I can strip the file into individual keys. I will give _full_ credit for this within the app and on my website (partly because I would prefer the issue of sample history to be clear). Sampling a decent digital piano would probably be fine also (although I can't see really the difference between this and reusing the core samples directly), and would remove the need to hook up a microphone.

So please help, as this is stalling the release of iAno 1.0.1, which also has:-

- Fixes for 1.1.3 (Certainly, this has fixed the "no sound" issue for everyone who has contacted me)

- Volume control is linked to the main iPhone/iPod volume. That means that now you set the volume on the iPhone with the hardware volume buttons, and on the iPod with the volume slider that appears when you double click the hardware "close" button. That means that the volume can be set up to about double what it was in V1.0.0.

- Support for Categories. It now runs from a category.

- A new method of navigating. There is now a visual representation of the entire piano keyboard at the top of the screen and you can touch sections of it to move to that section on the piano keys. The current section is shown with a red box overlay so you can easily see where you are on the full piano keyboard.

- Graphical changes to the help page to make it a bit smarter, and to reflect the navigation changes.

- A new icon! (Because I've had a number of emails from people saying "No offence but your icon is rubbish so can you use mine instead", so I spent some more time on making a better one)
  2. gorskino10

gorskino10 New Member

I can help with the icon ill try to do something voer the weekend and produce a few. but i don't know what you program you using to create this app so i won't know the scripting i can always be a graphical help to you but thats about it sorry.
    And for the way to get to another screen that would be quite hard and proberlly the best way is what you have at the moment.
  3. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I have a piano so I could try.
  4. Avatarv

You know what I was thinking was that to go up and down the keyboard all u might have to do was swipe the keyboard and it would move to the next octave - sort of like how u scroll thru songs in the ipod app.

is that possible?
  5. moleskine

moleskine New Member

I have a piano, good recording equipment and I love iAno. I think my piano's quite good in tune, but I don't know 100% sure. If you want me to record, tell me : D I'll do my very best.
  6. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I think you should do it over me. I would just record with a crappy audio recorder.
  7. Vision_Again

Vision_Again New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I have a keyboard $700 one but I'm not sure how to record directly from it
  8. dietztho000

dietztho000 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    DUDE YA RIGHT, Your icon is bomb, i do have a ppiano a very nice one but i dont have the time, sorry
  9. MooTheCow

MooTheCow New Member

- I'm okay with icons, seriously.

Please Register or Log in to view images

- Swipe scrolling? Perhaps. Will try it out for a potential future release.
  10. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I could do it in school... We have a new "state-of-the-art" recording studio which only 4 of us use because people can't get their heads round Logic Pro 7.

We have a Midi keyboard attached to it... and it can transpose (or we can type the notes in using a matrix.)
    I'd love to be creditted =O but... It's the weekend now... School starts again Monday (when I have PE because we skip it to prat about in the music room)

So unless someone beats me to it, I'd love to help. :\

EDIT: Done.
    =D Think I'm first? :\

Double Edit: Going to re-record a second file with a different sounding sample..

Idea: Voice Selection on iAno? Even have voices like Farm animals.. LOL