iOS 4.0 iAds and why you should all shut up.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Chicken, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    iAds, you're all going immensely crazy over it and I don't see why. I just have to get this off my chest.

iAds is no different to current platforms such as ad mob, it is viewed as a small ad at the bottom of the screen such as done with admob, nobody complains about admob and people realise developers need a source of income.

Everything changes when the iAd is clicked, it gives an overall nicer experience to the user, much nicer than the current ad platforms, I suspect most all free apps with ads in will now be replaced with iAd's.

I think most people just don't understand, iAds has no different view than that of admob or other ad platforms, and when it is clicked instead of taking you out of the application it offers nice interfaces, videos and pictures about the ad.

So please, don't complain about iAds, they will soon replace admob and other platforms and they will offer a much nicer experience for the user.

Just had to get that off my chest, please continue with your daily rantings and so on.
  2. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Thank you.

Regardless, if you upgrade to 4.0 you will get new features.
  3. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    So.. Who else thinks we should figure out how to block this? Lol.. I understand it's not really a big deal but im sick of the advertising.
  4. Chicken

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Don't be stupid. Developers need ads for revenue. They're giving you an app they've spent a while coding and making and want a little in return, if you block their ads your an inconsiderate 5 year old who shouldn't have the device.
  5. tanktan38

tanktan38 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thnaks Chicken. This shouln't effect us more than the current ads already have.
  6. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    I like the way Cydia does the ads. Is it just going to be like that?
  7. personman

personman Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    No, Cydia has ads in the middle of the repository pages but iAds will be like the ads a lot of other free apps have, small on the bottom, just better and more user friendly.
  8. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    I know that. But when you click on the ad it'll just open a new page instead of a new window.
  9. Chicken

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yes, which means that you don't lose your state in the application, and you can return easily.
  10. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    All I hope is that, developers don't start putting them in paid applications. I can fully understand devs putting them in free apps, and I have no problem with that, but if I pay for it then I want to have an ad-free experience.

That's my preference though.