I would love your opinion

Discussion in 'WWDC 2008 discussions' started by partyboy911, Jun 9, 2008.

1. partyboy911

partyboy911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hi Everyone.

I'm sure you have all heard of the low price for the 3G iPhone.

I am still sucked into a Verizon contract.. until October. I really want to get my hands on the new iPhone, especially for show

Please Register or Log in to view images

So I am thinking their will probably be a price drop on the ipod touch. I really want to sell it right away to get a good $250 out of it. The problem is, that means I will be ipod-less until October.

Do you think that the 3G iPhone will in the future be jailbroken, and able to work (as an ipod and stuff) without an ATT contract. I think its possible right now with the current iPhone, but do you think I would be okay?

I know that there is no official answer, and its only a best guess. Please give me your best opinion of what I should do.

Dylan
  2. sucram6791

sucram6791 New Member

im not sure what u r asking, but i think the 3g iphone will eventually b able to b unlocked
  3. scorpion 55

scorpion 55 Banned

I want an iphone
  4. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, the new iPhone IS able to be unlocked using Pwnage tool, in combination with BootNeuter...
  5. Themanisback

Themanisback New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I would assume that in the future 2.0 will be hacked and unlocked for use with any carrier. I would wait for it too be unlocked before you buy one though.
  6. partyboy911

partyboy911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Here, I will sum it up.

I want to sell my iTouch now.. but that means I wont have an ipod to listen to.

Could I buy the 3G iphone when it comes out, and be able to use it as an iTouch until my contract expires and I can get AT&T?
  7. partyboy911

partyboy911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So basically how long do you think I would have to wait for it to be unlocked.

I want to sell my iTouch as fast as possible.. but I don't want to buy the 3g iphone and be disappointed.

But basically you think it will be unlocked and able for use without a contract??