I would like the apps but...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by callofduty4, Jan 19, 2008.

1. callofduty4

callofduty4 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1. i want to be sure that i will keep the apps, even after i jailbreak 1.1.3 (when it comes out)

2. Does anyone know if apple is going to make the apps free? Even after thousands(millions) of angry customers?

3. And to someone that had tap tap revolution. is it worth it to get the new upgrade and lose TTR?

Someone please help me!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. padsquad43

padsquad43 New Member

3. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

The apps are in the firmware, they're just not enabled, so when you jailbreak, you can either download them or just enable them by editing the plist file.

They're likely not going to make the apps free. But they are free if you bought your iPod 27th of December to MacWorld.

TTR is awesome. I don't have it though as I don't have a touch...
  4. yoyoyo

yoyoyo New Member

I'm not sure that anybody knows if Apple will make the upgrade free but I suppose you're asking for our opinion. My opinion is that Apple will definetely not make the upgrade free until the sdk comes out. When the SDK comes out they're either going to i. give the update for free or ii. make everyone buy the update before they can use the apps. Don't worry, if they make the update free they're probably going to refund everyone who paid for it.
  5. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    dont update u cant play ttr iphysics and gpsphone
  6. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

I highly doubt they will make the upgrade free. As I've said several times on this board, they have nothing to lose by charging for it, because some people (i.e. people that haven't been so spoilt by Limewire, ******* sites and various other forms of piracy into thinking everything is free) will pay for the upgrade. If it was free, no one would be paying for it. $20 is a reasonably fair price. If it was dearer, less people would buy it, and if it was cheaper more people would buy it, but in the end it all works out the same.
  7. therobinsonator

therobinsonator New Member

that wasn't necessary
  8. whitepod

whitepod New Member

i feel it was a good switch to lose ttr. im hoping with sdk it will bring PHASE!!! thatd be soo sick.
  9. russiaone

russiaone New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You know, I'm quite the aesthetics whore and I hate that damn dock that 1.1.3 sports... If not for that (and losing all my nice wallpapers, themes, and apps) I might update
  10. russiaone

russiaone New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Oh, and for any music rhythm game if Apple would so kindly include stylus compatibility... that would be nice