I was very stupid, USB unrecognized... black screen... how to fix?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Ryuukumori, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Yep, I know fondly of this problem, now that I have looked in these forums for the past 6 pages on this error.

Had 2.2.1 jailbroken tethered, rebooted without an 1-click booter program, and now I get the USB unrecognized, etc etc.

I have tried opening iTunes and plugging in my iPod, then doing the DFU method, 10 sec both buttons, 8-10 sec just home button. No DFU mode comes on. No sound of the chime.

I tried this 5 times in a row, no luck.

I used this guide:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137646

So can anyone help walk me through this? I am restoring and waiting for an untethered, simply because this is a pain in the butt.

EPIC CRAZY FIX! LOL

Never mind this thread. I just had to research into 'precise' timing, EXACTLY 10 seconds from both, then only home button, finally hearing a chime. Now restoring to original 2.2.1 firmware, and waiting for an untethered. I was very stupid, both for timing and for making this thread. Phew! :)
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    yeah the timing needs to be exactly correct. =]
  3. knifeproz

knifeproz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have the same problem but i haven't fixed it yet..i've gotten the timing right (i had a person help me adn tell me when to release) and nothing..
  4. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

lol Yeah, that chime for me was relief.

What I did was go on google and search for an online stopwatch, then timed myself using just that. Haha, when the chime came on, it was like a cheat code or something. :D

Good luck.
  5. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Lmao.
    Yeah, when you're holding the Power and home, it has to be exact.
    But after that, I just hold the Home button until I'm pretty damn sure that it's in DFU mode. Which is about 15-30 seconds. Lol.
  6. juvenilepunk

juvenilepunk Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I had this same problem a while back.

Take your ipod and plug it into a different computer than the one you originally tried to jb it with. Then when its plugged in you should get the same not recognized error. Dont panic. Put it into dfu mode (hold power and home for 10 seconds, then release power) Nothing will appear on the screen but itunes should now recognize it and will open saying you need to restore it. Unplug it from the computer and plug it back into your original computer (make sure itunes is closed) and it should work fine now being recognized again.
  7. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

Ehh. IDK about that. Every time I try it, I just count in my head, and every time I try, I always get into DFU.

o_O
  8. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Me also

I guess it is just natural now.
  9. knightowl

knightowl New Member

I just went to control panel hardware tab then device manager scroll down to your usb ports then hold power and home buttons till apple device disappeared then hold home button till apple device dfu mode shows up..
  10. grd94533

grd94533 Banned

You don't need to time it people. That's why so many people have problems since day one. All you have to do is listen for the beeps. Hold both buttons, wait for two beeps, let go of top button while still holding second button. Wait for another two beeps and let go. No timing is needed. There are slight differences in the tones the beeps make. Higher tones means the computer has detected the ipod. Lower tones means the ipod has been disconnected. If you hear the higher tones first than you are not in the right place. Unplug the ipod and plug it back in to restart. The lower tones are what you should hear first when first holding both bottons. When you are just holding the bottom button you should hear the higher tone. A blind person would be able to do it.