I was given a free iphone 3g... wont turn on

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Peopleintheskyy, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Peopleintheskyy

Peopleintheskyy New Member

my buddy had it and took it to the store when it would not turn on they said it was probably to dirty in the connection port to charge so he cleaned it out and still nothing frustrated he gave it to me and bought a 3gs. i'm assuming it is a bad battery but where should start w/ troubleshooting it? i already cleaned it more and let it charge and held the 2 buttons down for 20+ seconds...

Please Register or Log in to view images

-more info
    i think he updated it to os 3.0 before it happened and he never jail broke it. would i even if i could fix this be able to unlock it for use on sprint's network i though i had read some where that if it hadn't been jailbroken before x.x firmware update yellowsnow would not work am i right or is that what ultrasnow takes care of i'm sure i'll dig up the info i need but would like a point in the right direction thanks in advance
  2. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try DFU and restore. And it wont work on Sprint's network. Sprint uses CDMA networks and not sim cards. AT&T uses GSM networks and sim cards. The networks are in compatible.
  3. Geo411m

Geo411m Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Bring it to an Apple store and tell them it has a bad battery. You'll have to pay a fee but they will just give you a new iPhone. My friend did it and got a new iPhone he had picked up on ebay that didn't work.