iOS 4.0 I want to update to IOS4

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by JadaSki, Jun 24, 2010.

1. JadaSki

JadaSki Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have been wanting to update to ios4 but i am a bit worried, i have ipod touch 2g 8gb non mc jailbroken on 3.1.2 blackra1n and was wondering what i have to do exactly to sucessfully upgrade to ios4 without going in to a loop or anything, what im gonna do is restore my ipod but first im gonna back up all the apps on it then once restored im gonna use that back up and then upgrade to ios4, if i restore and then use that back up will it still have a jailbreak?
  2. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    I did it by restoring, and making a backup while restoring. Just in case, sync, and make sure a backup was made. Then hit restore. When it's done in iTunes click restore to backup, and everything will be there. Then it will be on 4.0, and have all your apps and stuff.
  3. Dabone

Dabone Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Use aptbackup and appbackup to keep all of your cydia apps and app data but by using aptbackup you could permanently stay in safe mode
  4. JadaSki

JadaSki Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i dont want to keep my jailbroken stuff i just want to be non jailbroken on 4.0 and i was just worried that i didnt go into an infinite recovery loop or whatever