I want to see devices on my network, is there an app?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by ringo360, Feb 27, 2010.

1. ringo360

ringo360 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi, I want to see all the computers and devices on my wifi network, what app do you reccomend? I see there are a few but I don't want to spend the money without knowing it will work. Please help me out
  2. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    What I do is Telnet into the router with MochaTelnet. Then (if it's a Netopia router) type "s i a" to show all connected devices.
  3. ringo360

ringo360 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks! Any other suggestions anybody?
  4. Moonfire

Moonfire New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    What about just looking up the ip address of the router and entering it in the Safari address bar? For instance, the default linksys one is 192.168.1.1, so if you direct the browser to http://192.168.1.1 it'll ask you to log in and (I'm assuming) let you into control panel for the router, including a page that shows what is currently connected.

I say (I'm assuming) because I currently don't have the password to my router, so unsure if it actually works. Also not sure if other routers have the option to view connected devices, but makes sense to me that they would. You can easily Google your router and find its ip address and other information.
  5. ringo360

ringo360 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok thanks, I'm looking for apps though
  6. .Pandora.

.Pandora. Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Click the "+" and "add to home screen" in Safari. Walahh! Instant Appification.