I want to purchase an 8 gig Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CATS-PURRFECT, Feb 12, 2009.

1. CATS-PURRFECT

CATS-PURRFECT New Member

Hay everyone

I wanted to buy (2 ) 8 gig Iphones tommorow...now my question is... Do i have to take an AT&T plane..or can i take a PREPAID option?

Do you guys think, i can cancel within 3 days...and then i can JAILBREAK...and...UNLOCK? I read somewere that you have to give back your iphone tooo if i wanted to cancel is that true ???
    Darn i know way toooo many question...hahahha.. i would rather ask you smart people than doing a stupid move.

THANKS

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You will have to get each one with a plan. By plan i mean Monthly Minutes +Data. You can have them on two different plans or the same, but you will have to pay the Data portion for each. They cannot share a data plan, but can share minutes on a family plan.

If you cancel before 30 days you have to return the phone.
  3. dette

dette New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    That sums it up nicely right there
  4. CATS-PURRFECT

CATS-PURRFECT New Member

OK....Good to know,,,,Now if i purchase 2 Iphones from a MOM & POP store in manhattan and they just let me purchase the 2 iphones with nooooooooo planes...can i now UNLOCK and JAILBREAK them smoothly....ofcourse with the help of you guys...hahhaha...

THANKS
  5. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well if your purchasing a 3G iPhone, you will only be getting it from a Apple/AT&T store, if anyone else tries to sell you an iPhone 3G it is either stolen or used. And i generaly dont like buying used hardware, especially phones.

But yes if you get a hold of an older iPhone my guide at the top of this sub forum will tell you how to jailbreak/unlock it.
    If you get an iPhone 3G that you plan to use with an old AT&T SIM or T-Mobile, make sure that is is a Firmware 2.0-2.2, not a 2.2.1. Also make sure the Baseband (Settings-General-About-Modem Firmware) is version 02.28.00 or lower, but not by any means 02.30.03. If they sell you one with the 02.30.03 baseband it cannot be unlocked.

Also if this "Mom & Pop" store does exist in Manhattan do let me know where.
  6. dette

dette New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Again sums it up
    I mean if you are going to buy an iphone off someone else get the older one because its much more durable and a lot cheaper