I want to JB my ipod touch 2.2.1 with Quickpwn

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by souske88, Jul 6, 2009.

1. souske88

souske88 New Member

I want to jailbreak my Ipod touch 2G with quickpwn, but I'm not sure if I'm suppose to use firmware 2.2.1 with quickpwn.. someone help please? If you can, please provide links (if you can do that) to quickpwn / other necessaries to perform the JB! Thanks!!

EDIT: I downloaded quickpwn 2.2.5 and firmware 2.2.1, but when I try to browse to my firmware, it comes up with an error saying it cannot support the 2.2.1. HELP Please!!
    Download links are much appreiated (sp.)!!

P.S- I don't plan to upgrade to 3.0

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. shiben589

shiben589 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    quickpwn doesnt work for the 2g, search before you post, get redsn0w 0.3 to jailbreak your ipod on 2.2.1

btw you should really upgrade to 3.0 because the 2.2.1 jailbreak is no longer supported by the dev team and if you have a problem, people's first answer will be "why havent you upgraded?"

there are legal ways of getting it free btw, if thats ur problem.
  3. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    REDSNOW 0.3

redsn0w 0.3 doesnt restore your iPod, it just does it all w/ no restore.. no hassle

http://[PIRACY.tb].org/*******/4841586/redsn0w-win_0.3.zip

If you dont know how to download a *******:
    http://www.u*******.com/

Download the .******* file, open u*******, and drag and drop the ******* file into u******* (the noob way)
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Dont mean to doublepost.. but to LEGALLY GET IT FREE
    (HEAR THAT MODERATORS? - LEGALLY), put your iPod Touch into DFU Mode (consult YouTube for instructions), and then click Restore on iTunes.

It will update (not restore) to 3.0... YAYY! NO MORE 10 DOLLARS.