I want to Jailbreak untethered my friends Ipod on my PC, but he uses a Mac

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Bo0MeR, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Bo0MeR

Bo0MeR New Member

I've already downloaded Quickfreedom on my pc and prepared it to Jailbreak, but I want to know that if I Jailbreak on windows will my friend who uses a Mac as his main computer

1) be able to make a backup of his ipod and reload his music back on to it

2) be able to even use his ipod on his computer through Itunes

3) be able to fix it on his own if any problems occur

Help is appreciated, thanks in advance
  2. Josso

Josso Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm not quite sure of the questions.
    But you could make the IPSW for him, and let him restore it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Rhith

Rhith New Member

Windows formatted iPods can be read and run fine on OS X, it does not apply the other way around though. I have experienced iPods running better when formatted by Macs. (Not just me but others as well) As said before, create an ipsw and just use that to restore on his Mac is you are concerned.
  4. rb26dett

rb26dett New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    im pretty sure he could still use it on his comp.... i jailbroke a friends on my mac and he can still sync on his pc but thats for the 1g so idk if its even relevant
  5. Bo0MeR

Bo0MeR New Member

my friend has a 32 gig Ipod touch, and a macbook. He is unfamiliar with the jailbreak process so I told him I would do it for him on my PC with windows, because QuickFreedom GUI to my knowledge is only available on windows, and I hear thats the easiest way of jailbreaking

i just want to know that if I restore and Jailbreak his ipod on my computer, will he be able to plug it into his Mac and restore his old apps and music, or will he have add all of them again manually
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    No more responses?
  6. rmbell

rmbell New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    aslong as you back everything up properly, or just do a NOR-only update, then everything will be fine.
  7. Jorus

Jorus New Member

Doesn't matter

It doesn't matter how you do it, the iPod Touch has its own Operating System, its not one of those stupid USB Sticks that can play MP3's, you dont "format" or anything on it from your pc or mac, you only send the commands to let the iPod do that stuff.

Its like logging into another Computer via SSH or something like that, if you happen to know what that is

Please Register or Log in to view images

Or more simplified, Remote Desktop.
  8. laxkid891

laxkid891 New Member

So I can use quickfreedom on my pc to create an ipsw. Copy the custom ipsw to my mac. Then on my mac with my ipod touch connected and in DFU mode, restore it with the custom ipsw and it will be jailbroken?