I Want To Jailbreak But Am Terrified

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by lakerfanalways, Jul 28, 2008.

1. lakerfanalways

lakerfanalways Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Hi everyone..I have a PC(yes I know I should have a Mac) the thing is, this is my second Ipod, cause my other one I bricked using the winpwn jailbreak..I want to jailbreak again, but I don't want to screw anything up. I cant keep on going and asking for another Ipod..what is the 100 percent safe method to jailbreak since I really want to but am scared to do so..thanks
  2. Zigg47

Zigg47 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well the best method i would propose is jailbreaking 1.1.4 with iliberty which is quite easy with the youtube tuts unless you want 2.0
  3. krazykewl

krazykewl New Member

i recommend that u research the best method of jailbreaking
    but just so u kno jailbreaking now IMO is alot safer now then
    it was in the past i recommend using winpwn if u kno wut that is?
  4. GeneralDuctape

GeneralDuctape New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't see how or why people keep having "bricking" issues with any versions of WinPwn. As far as I'm concerned, the easiest method of JailBreaking is WinPwn, but obviously there are other GUI's out there. EG xWinpwn, xpwn, blahdee blahdee blah.

I would still use WinPwn. I'm pretty sure the newest version is safe, and unless you do something really wrong you shouldn't have problems. If you need help doing it, PM me or search around on the forums. And I'm sorry to hear your loss

Please Register or Log in to view images

R.I.P lakerfanalways' iPod Touch
  5. lakerfanalways

lakerfanalways Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    The first winpwn is the thing that ruined my Ipod..had to get another one on Friday..was trying to upgrade to 2.0..actually I had gone from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 successfully using Itunes then when I used winpwn for that firmware using ipwner thats when it bricked..and I tried everything..so now I Really do wanna jailbreak but Im scared to do it..its like I wanna do it but Im afraid of another dead Ipod..if I had a mac it would be easier but I don't so Im kinda in a pickle over what to do
  6. b19jon

b19jon New Member

I used Liberty to jailbreak my iPod touch & winpwn to do my iPhone.

I was nervous both times but I just followed various guides that I found on here and other sites and it really is easy as long as you follow all steps.
  7. krazykewl

krazykewl New Member

well all i can say is do wut the guy above me stated
  8. ipodhacker3090

ipodhacker3090 Member

Device:
    iPad
    Winpwn....and no....u should stick with ur pc

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. piratetom95

piratetom95 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    just get one of your friends or someone you know who has already jailbroken and get them to do it for u. everyone is a little scared when they're a jailbreak virgin
  10. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I really didn't think this was possible.. My iPod has been through so many firmwares, Restore's, updates, full restores. I had a bit of a problem with winpwn 2.0, but I eventually got it to work. I thought it was pretty much impossible to brick an iPod..