I want to install toolchain

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by jayjay960, May 23, 2009.

1. jayjay960

jayjay960 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, so I'm following this guide here: http://www.saurik.com/id/4 to install the toolchain, so I can start making apps for my 2g touch. It says:
    I opened up the 2.2.1 ipsw file I had, and seeing that saurik used a .dmg file to get the filesystem, chose the biggest of the three that were in there. I couldn't open it in WinRAR, so I downloaded TransMac, but it told me the file was encrypted and couldn't open (I also tried the other two .dmg files, but it couldn't read either of them). Then I figured that maybe I'd have to use XPwn to make a custom ipsw, which might unencrypt the dmg file. So I downloaded XPwn, and using ipsw, tried to create a custom firmware. At first it looked good, and it was hashing the file, but then it tried to match the ipsw in the /FirmwareBundles folder and failed. I looked in the FirmwareBundles folder and found that there were no bundles for the ipod touch 2g. Now I need to know the following.
    a) Am I trying to do this the right way?
    b) If yes, where can I get an iPod2,1_2.2.1_5H11 firmware bundle from?
    c) If no, how do I get the filesystem?
    d) Where can I get the headers for the OSX 10.5 SDK and iPhoneOS 2.0 SDK?

Thanks in advance
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Download and use vfdecrypt to decrypt the fimware. Then you can open it in TransMac.
  3. jayjay960

jayjay960 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

That worked.

But I still need those headers. Does anyone know where I can get them?
  4. Cyanidepoison

Cyanidepoison Active Member

There is a section on Saurik's page dedicated to getting the headers out of the package...

If there are some headers you need that you don't get from the SDK, just class-dump and patch them.
  5. jayjay960

jayjay960 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I can't get the from the actual sdk because I have a 2gb/mo internet plan that's almost been used up. The only download I could find of them was a ******* with 0 peers online. Could someone send them to me?