iOS 4.2 I want to enroll in the Apple Dev program but...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Mobious, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    I already have an account, a US account even though I am not located in the US anymore.

Now my question is if I create a new account with the correct credit details so I can enroll in the dev program. If I do this, I will also gain access to the new beta builds such as 4.2 for the iPad if I pay the 99 USD yearly fee. Now my question is, would it be possible for me to also use my normal US account to purchase and use apps on a device that has a developers build from my developers account?
  2. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Yes, but you have to go through two registrations, one registers your iTunes account, and one registers that same account as a developer account, which willfunction just like a normal account with the extra benifits.
  3. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    No I understand that part, but you see my current account is one of those false accounts people use to access the US itunes store. Since our store doesn't offer some of the apps the US one does, what we do is create accounts under US addresses and use iTunes pre-paid cards for purchases. With the dev program my country is listed but I would have to use my countries address as it requires verification of the billing address from the credit card.

So here is my question again, if I create a NEW account and make that a developers account with all the extra benefits, and then download the iOS 4.2 beta on my iOS devices. Would I still be able to log onto those devices with my old non dev account while their using the beta OS?
  4. 15avaughn

15avaughn Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You can't use two iTunes accounts on one device. But if you had two iOS devices then you could do that. You could get an iPod touch for a secondary/developer device or get an iPad because you'd probably buy different apps for that anyway (You know 2x scaling on most Apps not that pretty and ones that upscale you could just spend like 3 more bucks for them anyway and since iPad apps don't work on iPhones it's not really a waste of money)
    EDIT: Unless Manually Manage works for Apps too which I HIGHLY doubt.
  5. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    Alright thanks for the info buddy, appreciate the help!
  6. iforget

iforget Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    On a Beta iOS, it will prevent you from going to Settings > Store > Sign Out?
  7. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    No, it works fine in iOS 4.2. You can go there and sign/out of your account.
  8. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Honestly, don't bother paying $99 unless you're actually developing. The betas aren't worth it.
  9. fiftyfour123

fiftyfour123 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't know if it's just me or not, but my iTunes account and my iOS developer's account aren't connected at all. To be able to install betas and debug apps on my iPod, I just had to add my iPod's UDID in the developer's portal then install the provisioning profile on my iPod. As far as I know, my iTunes and developer account are two different account.
  10. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    They're both linked to an Apple ID. It doesn't matter if its the same one.