I want to develop some apps

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by Guillen_Don, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Guillen_Don

Guillen_Don New Member

I ve been looking around & I've seen some pretty cool stuff like the jiggy tutorial and other really helpful info... But they all stop

Please Register or Log in to view images

when it starts getting good, or it just starts to get way tooooooo complicated...
    I Was wondering whats the best method of learning how to make my own app? Is there a site or a tutorial that wont make my brain explode after 5 min of reading? or makes it easy to understand? and if so whats better, Jiggy or Objective-C? from what ive seen, it looks like Objective-C is for the pros...

All i really want to do is make like a button that will be similar to Dock (like it will always be there in the corner or hidden somewhere but you can still tap it) but will act simply the same as the home button. It might sound dumb, but ive seen a lot of people who complain that the home button wares out and easily breaks. It even happened to me, and i can already feel the sucker getting all messed up. thats all

and then from there i shall begin my application developing career

any help appreciated... thxs
  2. brodysseus

brodysseus New Member

Im with this guy 100%... jiggy is the easiest way of coding and all the tuts end after making a basic gui...
  3. diegohuyke

diegohuyke New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    it's complicated

Jiggy is way easier to use, the only problem is that you can't make really good apps. If you want to learn more complicated stuff then just google it or experiment with it.

Now, if you want to make better, less buggy, and all around cooler apps then use objective-c it's a little more complicated, but the results are worth it. The only problem with objective-c is that you NEED a Mac. It's not a problem for me

, but most of the people here have Windows

4. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

WRONG. there is a winodws toolchain ,i use it to make all my apps, as does skylar
  5. Nickll9009

Nickll9009 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    As do I. I think he means for the SDK.
  6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Oh my God, don't EVER Consider Jiggy to ANYONE. Tell them to start off at C at least. Jiggy and Java are a DEAD PLATFORM For the iPhone and iPod Touch. Just stop. Throw it away already.
  7. gojohnnyboi

GOD BLESS YOUR SOUL TES. NOBODY should do jiggy, EVERRRRRR. Unstable, and just crappy.

The only exception i would say is jakecigar, but he's a full time programmer, and knows c as well. thats his job. so he really just pwns the shiznit outta jiggy
  8. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Jiggy is the reason why I don't want FLASH on the iPhone or iPod Touch. People are going to be lazy in Developing with Flash just as they have with Jiggy/Java.
  9. gojohnnyboi

yeah.

i did jiggy for like 2 weeks, and then was bored with the limited abilities it provided. learning the basics of objective-c was a rough start, being my first programming language, but after about 2 weeks of hard studying i had the jist. its really not that hard.

btw i'm willing to help anyone who needs it with objc
  10. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I wantz help. But you know why lol... we are making nice progress but I need help with lots of things so I can start building the "Drop zone" as I think I might call it. how is teh fram3w0rk?