I want to be CLEAR? (Winterboard & Theming)

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by The Crow, Apr 22, 2009.

1. The Crow

The Crow Banned

O.k, first off I don't deserve the title under my Avatar yet! (but thanks) Anyway I want to ask several questions to set my self clear and on the correct path on creating my own Themes/Icons/Docks/Statusbars etc.

I know that you go to var/stash/library/ and create a folder there called whatever (My Themes), than in there I create folders like (Wallpaper and in that Wallpaper.png)/(Dock and in that Dock.png)/(Icons and in that Icon.png)/(Status Bar and in that StatusBar.png)/then (Lock Screen Wallpaper and in that LockBackground.png). Then the same as Batteries and in that I create a folder Bundles and than in that com.apple.springboard, then for Sliders the same thing?? I am I on the right path at all, because I want to get this correct and finish everything and not just Wallpaper/Docks/&Icons. So once I can do everything, I can start sharing all of mine too! So if someone can PM me if they have the time and if they are sure of what they are doing, that would be great!

Thanks, The Crow
  2. Crypt

Crypt Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    download a theme and look around its folder to see where everything is

and it's /var/stash/library/themes, or just /themes if there's a shortcut there

and you don't have a folder called wallpaper, just a wallpaper.png in a theme folder
  3. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    same for the dock too just a "dock.png" file in side "yourthemenamehere.theme"
  4. The Crow

The Crow Banned

by Gitykins:

In ~Themes, create a folder. I'll use "Theme" this time.

In that folder, you would put this for a wallpaper (320x480):

Wallpaper.png

Dock:

Dock.png

Status Bar:

StatusBar.png

Lock Screen Wallpaper:

LockBackground.png

So can you explain what these highlighted in red mean please, it is kind of hard to understand?

Also do you know of a good place to go to create batteries or to find them?

Thanks.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    O.k thanks for the quick replies, so what your saying under WinSCP because that is what I use. I would go to var/stash/library/Themes , then create a folder of my own name and in that I would create folders called Icon.png/Wallpaper.png/Dock.png/StatusBar.png/ etc.?? I am sorry if this is all trivial for you guys, but I want to be positive first and than I can start sharing too when completed. I know how to create the basic (Wallpaper/Dock/Icons) but I want more, so any help would be great because some of the tutorials conflict with each other in the manor in which to place the different folders

Thanks.
  5. iKeablr

iKeablr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well what Gitykins means is what it says exactly. The Lock Screen Wallpaper means the Lock Screen Wallpaper and the name for that ".png" is "LockBackground.png". Same goes for the rest in red. You don't place what is in red in a different folder. You place it in your theme folder. So it would look like this:

THEMENAME.theme
    Wallpaper.png
    LockBackground.png
    Dock.png
    StatusBar.png
  6. Crypt

Crypt Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    nonono, you don't have seperate folders for the dock etc

download a theme and see how they have it, that's much easier than us trying to explain

however i'll try anyway

-themefolder
    --Dock.png
    --Statusbar.png
    --Wallpaper.png
    --Icons (folder)
    ----Icons.png in here
    --Bundles (folder)
    ----com.apple.springboard
    --------battery goes in here, along with closeboxes and badges and lots of other things
    ----com.apple.TelephonyUI
    --------lockscreen stuff goes in here
  7. The Crow

The Crow Banned

O.k this is what I don't seem to get, you guys keep saying go to var/stash/library/themes but when I get there it has this:

Themes
    Applications.V3j...
    includeFvRzfj
    libexec.

Ringtones

Wallpaper
    python
    arm-apple-darwi

So do I click on Themes and then create a folder in there and name it what I want then follow your instructions? The thing is if I go into Themes that is where all my Winterboard themes are, please be patient?
  8. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    yea exactly make a new folder in "Themes" and name it what ever and add .theme to the end of the name
  9. The Crow

The Crow Banned

O.k I did that (thanks), and now I add what was written above or follow Gitykins tutorial right?

Also I did that and now inside that I create, StatusBar.png/Dock.png/Wallpaper.png/LockBackground.png . Then I was told to create a folder Icons and inside that Icons.png , but with this Icons folder do I put it in my Theme name folder as well? Sorry for all the somewhat stupid questions.
    O.k this is what I have done and please be blunt if I messed up, I went to var/stash/library/Themes and then in there I created my own Theme name and in it I created this.

Slider folder-inside that Bundles-and inside that com.apple.TelephonyUI

Battery folder-inside that Bundles-inside that com.apple.springboard

Icons folder-inside that Icons.png

StatusBar.png

LockBackground.png

Dock.png

Wallpaper.png

So if that is correct give a Yes, if No please correct?

Thanks, The Crow
    Can someone who knows please read and correct what I may have done wrong please?

Thanks,The Crow
  10. DaAlmighty1

DaAlmighty1 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No.
    Try
    ThemeName (folder)
    Inside this theme create folders Icons, and Bundles.

Inside the Icons folder create pngs for the icons your skinning eg. App Store.png

Inside the Bundles folder create a folder called com.apple.springboard and another one called com.apple.telephonyUI.

Your batteries DO go in the springboard folder and your Slider DOES go inside telephonyUI.