I want my iPod touch to be totally 100% stock (No themes or jailbreak).

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by quicksilver101, Jul 2, 2009.

1. quicksilver101

quicksilver101 New Member

hi, I have decided I want my iPod touch to be the way it originally came, without the jailbreak and themes I had downloaded. So i hit restore on itunes and that did the trick except for the keyboard in the itunes store. It is still one of the themed keyboards I previously downloaded via cydia. I re-jailbroke my iPod touch to see if I can remove it but I can't figure out how. I thought maybe via ssh but I still wouldn't know how to do it. Can someone help me out here? Thanks, Sam

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. thegreen1

thegreen1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Open Cydia, hit the 'manage' tab (bottom) > packages > then highlight any/all things you want to remove (gotta do them one at a time I think)- > modify (upper right) > remove.

Hope this helps.
  3. Crypt

Crypt Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    ^grats on reading his post

i think if you took the default keyboard and applied it via winterboard (or manually overwrote the files where the keyboard originally is), and then restored again that should work (if you need the default keyboard pm me)
  4. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Do a DFU Restore. Everything will be like new.

Just make sure you set it up as a new iPod, and not from a backup.
  5. quicksilver101

quicksilver101 New Member

I have already done a DFU restore and I clicked new iPod not a backed up one. Also there is no packages in cydia to remove because I hit restore iPod and forgot to take of my themes so that's why the keyboard is still on certain apps. Also when I did the restore I upgraded to the 3.0 firmware so the keyboard is now a little different so everything's messed up.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well describe your "themed" keyboard to us, cuz DFU restores literally zeros out your iPod, and nothing escapes that no matter how hard you try.
  7. ralphbananas

ralphbananas New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think he means that weird keyboard you get when entering your password, which comes with your ipod, jailbroken or not. It's gray-ish/transparent except for your keys, which are normal.
  8. ipodmail09

ipodmail09 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i had the same thing but with "Make It Mine" restore and set up as new ipod