i wanna log into my ipod so i can use it like remote desktop

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by aasimbeck, Jan 31, 2008.

1. aasimbeck

aasimbeck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    is it possible
  2. van71

van71 New Member

No. You can use your iTouch to log onto other computers that are running a VNC server, but there is no VNC server software for the iTouch itself.
  3. Zink

Zink Member

Device:
    iPad
    well kinda you can use commands but I think if some developers started this IT would maybe work
  4. H3X

H3X New Member

ROFL.

All the "Elite" team does is take other people's jailbreak, upload them to their server, then put them up on installer. This is not difficult.

I can't image ipodtouchhacker programming. Half the words he types are nearly backwards.
  5. Will4042

Will4042 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    if you mean as a linux shell, yes but impractical
  6. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Your my new best friend. Defs going in my sig.
  7. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    He is more like a manager of sorts. chill. or if u speak gangsta: Dont b hatin'!
  8. Paintball

Paintball New Member

What the hell happened? The last few posts in this thread seem like they belong in a different thread. Is this just a bug or something?
  9. nclaxmiddy11

nclaxmiddy11 Active Member

It was from another thread iptm closed it cause he was getting flamed
  10. MomDad

MomDad New Member

It starts with closing threads, next it'll be banning users who disagree with or flame them. In the other thread that was closed, I think quite a few people said things they wanted to say for a while now. Though I imagine many others are hesitant to share their opinion due to the fact that IPTM is a Moderator. To be honest, I'm surprised no one's been banned yet -- myself included.

I think this whole thing with the "Elite" team is beyond lame. There was already an Elite Team -- yes the ones who actually worked on the 1.1.3 jb/soft upgrade alongside the Dev Team. Sure, I guess they technically went by "iPhone Elite Team", but seriously, "iPod Elite Team"? Couldn't have thought of something that could give even a little bit of differentiation? Intentionally aiming for the confusion that brought about? Elite... anything but.

To me, it appears fairly obvious that IPTM/IPTH/[That Other Guy] are nowhere remotely close to being programmers. Anyone with even minimal programming experience I think would conclude the same after reading the bulk of the related threads. I bet each one of them would be hard-pressed to describe or show even as few as two to three actual apps they've developed. This facade of being a team of experienced developers seems a bit of a stretch. Moreover, throughout a good majority of their posts, you can almost smell the "I'm young and looking for some kind of glory/recognition, and hey, maybe if I pretend hard enough, people will believe it". Giant 30pt multicolored sigs (granted, I see they've now toned down their sigs). Heh. Whoring "free iPod" referral links. Sickening. PayPal donations? *Groan*. Sure, it's nice that a couple of them make tutorial videos, and I won't deny that they're helpful for people. But really, the "Hey, I just wanted to ask you guys to donate because of all the time and hard work I'm putting into making these videos" appeal in most of the videos -- how much more time and effort does it take compared to a couple of teenage girls singing and dancing to [insert name of pop song here] on their webcam and posting it to YouTube? Donations for playing with your webcam for an hour or two every couple weeks? C'mon. I'm not sure how they can't be embarassed by themselves.

Then, on the very opposite end of the spectrum, you have wunderkind teams like the 13-year-old duo of AriX and Ben. Actual programmers. 13! Speechless. Hard evidence that they actually program. Low-key, not out-for-glory, intelligent. You can see it in their posts and news items. They have a donate button on their page, but not once have I seen them outright ask for donations. How can one not respect and admire that?

Seems like with the way things are going, it'll either end with a general sense of loathing and animosity by the community toward the team, and/or egg on the face for pushing the facade too far.

I could be talking BS. I could be totally wrong. I could come off looking like a total a-hole for writing this. I'm just calling it as I see it. But you know what? -- I'd be happy if I could be proven otherwise. Though just as I do, I believe many others are unlikely to think otherwise unless we see something come out of the team that's actually done on their own merit, and not based almost entirely on the work of others.

-MD

Please Register or Log in to view images

If I get banned for saying what I have, then it's been a slice.