iOS 3.1 i wanna jailbreak my Ipod touch, help!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by little piggy, Dec 29, 2009.

1. little piggy

little piggy New Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Hi guys, i wanna ja1lbreak my ipod touch, it's a 8 gb, 3.1.2 (3G), my model name starts with MC.
    i tried to do it with the Blackra1n but it didn't work, when i tried to open up cydia after download and everything it closes down and wont appear again, it's like when i click it it's just exiting itself.

And what is Tethered jailbreak? i have Windows XP computer with mozilla firefox (don't know if that will help) =P

should i use something other than blackra1n or is it impossible for me to jailbreak it?
    and yes, when i opens the Blackra1n app on my ipod it only says Cydia and Rock, not Icy. and the little logo button at the top glows red not yellow that it does on every youtube video.

I apreciate all help, excuse my english, im from norway so im not so good yet

Please Register or Log in to view images

**EDIT** please notify me if i write something against the rules that i haven't noticed!

and yes, WARNING iPhone 3G and 3Gs users! DO NOT upgrade to 3.1 or 3.1.2 unless you want to lose your baseband unlock forever! what does it means to lose your baseband unlock forever? i have 3.1.2 have i lost it?
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Oct 12, 2009
    For the top part read this.

Tethered jailbreak is when you can't turn off you ipod without the program you used to jailbreak.
    Just wait for an untethered jailbreak soon. Greenpois1n

No blackra1n is the only jailbreak that works with the 3gen.

Last part do you have an Iphone? No. So don't worry about that.
  3. Tonypker13

Tonypker13 Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Let's get you settled in and more comfortable with the Jailbreak here.

First off - You discussed Cydia closing randomly when it's all installed?
    That's weird.
    My suggestion to that:
    Do a full recovery of your iPod using iTunes.
    Re-Jailbreak it from then on. If you don't know what a Tethered jailbreak is, read below.

Next your question, What's a tethered Jailbreak?
    Tethered Jailbreaks mean you must run the Jailbreaking software twice for it to boot. Once your iPod shows the iTunes logo, you must un plug it, turn it off, re plug it in, close iTunes, and then run Blackra1n again for it to boot. I'll have a little guide on Tethered Jailbreaks below so you know you're doing it right.

Should you use something other than Blackra1n?
    There's currently nothing out besides Blackra1n.
    Greenp0ison will be out in June, and will be untethered. Meaning your iPod will be able to boot up without running the software again.

At your edited question, if you don't have an iPhone 3G or 3GS, don't worry about it.
    Baseband Unlock is unlocking your iPhone, as I know to my knowledge.

To jailbreak your device:
    All you have to do is plug it in, click Make it Rain, press okay on the little dialogue box, then once it shows the iTunes logo on your iPod, un plug it from your computer and turn off your iPod completely.
    Then re plug it in and wait for itunes to open on your computer.
    It'll detect an iPod that needs recovery.
    Press cancel and close iTunes. Then once iTunes is closed, re run Blackra1n and your iPod will bootup Jailbroken =)
  4. lencuff

lencuff Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Son tried all this BUT when it finally came back, the majority of the 'normal' icons had vanished? Like videos, photos etc. He said he only had about 4 icons on the main screen. He restored it back with itunes and all is good again except it's not jailbroken !!