I used Ziphone....

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by kckid12, Jul 14, 2008.

1. kckid12

kckid12 New Member

to jailbreak my itouch, from the reading i have done on here it seems as though that was a mistake, however it works great....I guess i just don't have access to SSH? I have no idea what this is....Should i jailbreak it another way....? I used the lastest ziphone method which supposedly was the fastest easiest method....It works great just afraid to download a theme because i know my wallpaper will lock (all ready happened once) can someone give me smoe good repo's to add to sources or can anyone help me download nec. programs/ apps needed so i dont lock my wallpapers again....thanks again!
  2. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    For SSH, install OpenSSH from installer, and if it works, leave it. Just use iLiberty+ if you ever need to jailbreak again.
  3. kckid12

kckid12 New Member

open ssh came all ready installed with new version.....do i need to do anything with open ssh? what is the reason i must have openssh? someone suggested using mobilefinder if my phone locks the wallpaper again....thanks i liberty, better? advantages over ziphone?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    thanks for your post i am trying to learn as much as possible today so when i get home i can set this thing up, you know of any good repo's?
  4. Winterboard

Winterboard Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    well you need to connect from a pc or mac using a program to ssh into your iPod.
  5. kckid12

kckid12 New Member

what program do i get to ssh into my phone? what is ssh? what does it stand for? what does ssh do? thanks
  6. Winterboard

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
  7. kckid12

kckid12 New Member

so if i download winscp? then i will have access to the openssh file on my ipod, and that's where i can dlete, edit stuff? without being connected to itunes? the phone must be usb connected to access the ssh though, correct? How much can you edit/ change here, it doesnt effect game play or any of the sources does it? I just mainly want some cool apps, music and games how often will I be using ssh? thanks alot
  8. Winterboard

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    you will be using ssh to add media, change permissions, fix some things in your ipod. It works true WIFI. If your looking for a good USB suite but with less feutures take a look at iphonebrowser/iphonepcsuite or totalcommander+tpot

but ssh should be fine.
  9. kckid12

kckid12 New Member

okay last couple question, is media preloaded onto winSCP? like will i be able to check/uncheck what i want? any "must dos" you would suggest as far as permissions, apps? where do i go to download winSCP and is it pretty easy to use for a "newbie" like myself?

Thanks a million man you have really helped me out today i appreciate all the answers
  10. Winterboard

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I don't know what you mean by "preloaded media" but winscp basiclu just shows the files and folders on your iPod. You can do the same with filebrowser in installer.

Permissions must be set to 755 or 777. It doesn't really matter. Right click on a file and go to properties, there you can see a properties thingie.

Just google for a guide to set it up and also to download it. It is free. And it's easy to use.