I unistalled the new customize update and my itouch is tock on the apple logo!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by nachos1010, Jun 12, 2008.

1. nachos1010

nachos1010 New Member

I unistalled the new customize update my itouch is stuck on the apple logo!!!! Is there a way to fix this without restoring?! Please reply!!!! THANKS.
  2. moto617

moto617 New Member

hold home and lock until the screen goes black again. then try hold lock and see if it starts. you might have to hold both buttons to start it. idk if this will work. just a thought.
  3. iTouch_Walid

iTouch_Walid New Member

Same EXACT thing happened to me. Mate, you iPod Touch is just going to stay like that. You're going to have to restore it. No other way unfortunately. You can still connect it and iTune will recognise it.

What I did was, using Total Commander, backed up all my music. Total Commander uses USB transfer so it's MUCH quicker than Wi-fi. Search around the forums for Total Commander tutorials and how to back up your music.

If you need any extra help just PM me, I'd be more than happy to help.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Good Luck.
  4. ElectricMan5

ElectricMan5 New Member

No, you don't have to! iTunes still reads your iPod when you plug it in, so you're going to want to install an application onto your computer called "iPhone Browser". This lets you SSH into your iPod without wifi!!! Once your into your iPod's internal folders, delete a lot of applications until you have less than 80. Then it will boot up again!
  5. iTouch_Walid

iTouch_Walid New Member

Or.....

You can just do what I said. It's better that way, you'll have a nice clean Touch.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. ElectricMan5

ElectricMan5 New Member

Yah, or his way if you want a clean one