I understand why we have to pay for 3.0.....

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by legendarytrainer, Jun 17, 2009.

1. legendarytrainer

legendarytrainer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    What i dont understand is why apple wont release a seperate line of firmware updates, updates that dont include new features and such. some ipod owners feel the need to update for bug fixes and security patches alone, and are perfectly content with what they have. i know ipod touch owners who hate that they have to pay for software updates, not because they're like "OMFG, i hAVE t0 p4y f0r 4pp$+0r3?!?!" or "Ten dollars for landscape note taking? How utterly absurd!" but because they just want their device to continue running fast and secure.is it that hard for apple to give you the option to upgrade to a paid version with new features or a version with fixes for free? apparently.

BTW: I did and have no problem paying for updates at a reasonable cost. So mods please do not delete this. I already read the stickied post about it.
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    That is a legitimate concern, Apple did in fact do this with the 1.1.5 release. In the long run it is not profitable to develop two firmwares for the same platform...
  3. rightsure

rightsure New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    there are many reasons. tons of reasons.
  4. legendarytrainer

legendarytrainer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    @hellrider
    yea i just dont see how they would lose that much money by making a second firmware since not many people do just update for bug fixes. i just think it'd m be nice to include it for those who do.

@rightsure
    like...
  5. Gotanks0407

Gotanks0407 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i dont think there were a lot of bug problems with 2.2.1 or security issues with it either so i think the point that your stating is irrelivent as the only big reason for 3.0 is new features if you dont want new features dont get it your not getting anything extra they its runs pretty much the same for the ipods, i upgraded cuz it was free