i-Tunes starts up on its own when earphones are taken out iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by newdeafman, Jun 12, 2009.

1. newdeafman

newdeafman New Member

Hi all,

I'm a 1st time poster with a 6wk old i-Pod Touch. I had a quick scan through old posts but could not see anything similar to the issue I'm having. Occasionally, in the past few days, when I've unplugged the earphones i-Tunes has just started playing out through the built-in speaker! Has anyone come across this issue in the past and/or know of a way to resolve it, I'm trying to avoid a restore

Thanks in advance

Mike
  2. newdeafman

newdeafman New Member

Not exactly a dynamic forum you have here!
  3. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    And you're just making it better for him, aren't you?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Mine does this too. So does my friend's.
    I guess this is normal?
  4. liammk

liammk New Member

let me just see if my ipod dose this
  5. himynameisjuan

himynameisjuan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Remove the headphones and turn down the volume all the way. When you replug them, the volume will go back to normal. When you disconnect them, the volume will be muted.
    Regardless, the music should pause when removing headphones.
  6. liammk

liammk New Member

mine doesn't do this?
    can you explane exactly what happened
  7. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    it should technically stop playing.. but.. i've heard occasions where it keeps playing.. i suppose if it bothers u that much.. i'd say go and take it back to the apple store and get a new one..
  8. newdeafman

newdeafman New Member

Just so we're clear, I-Tunes is not even on or playing, the unit is in fact powered off but if the earphones come out either purposely or accidentally, then for some reason my I-pod touch cranks up I-Tunes and begins to play from the very first play-list in my library. So, what bothers me is this, it's a brand new piece of kit that doesn't operate in the way that it's supposed to. Also, this fault will needlessly run the battery down, I think that's more than enough reason to be bothered.

Returning it doesn't really help, I'm in the ROI, we don't have Apple Stores on every corner & its over the 28 day store return/replace warranty. If I want it repaired its got to shipped from where I bought it to an authorised Apple repair store!

I dug around Apples cavernous and completely non-customer focused web-site and the closest I've come to my fault, after a long search, is this thread [link below] , granted its refers to the i-phone but its the same difference as far as I can tell.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1768715

What's worse is that this particular thread has been running on Apples site for so long and at no point has anything been posted anywhere about the fault by Apple.

I've tried all manner of fixes volume on/off, and volume down but the problem persists, I've even tried using different headphones but nothing has worked. I've yet to restore the unit, I was trying to avoid that option hence my posting here. It is now a case whereby I cannot trust it in a noise sensitive environment, but isn't that whole point of headphones!?!

newdeafman.