I tihnk my battery life is messsed up...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by ilikeguitar90, Jul 7, 2009.

1. ilikeguitar90

ilikeguitar90 New Member

I was suspecting that my battery might be a little dodgy after I jailbroke my ipod, and today I noticed something very strange. I'm using the SBSettings numeric battery feature. I listened to my ipod last night for a good 20 minutes or so, and it dropped from 100% to 98-99%. So everything's fine at this point.

Now it's nighttime of the next day. I started using my ipod about 30 minutes ago, and it was at 98% when I started using it. I open cydia and just LOOK at the featured apps, and then the battery drops down to 94-95% after a minute or two. Then I start messing around with backgrounder (I'm still learning what it does) and after I'm done the battery's down to about 88%.

Then I decide I want to test out tap tap 2. After playing 2 songs on tap tap revenge 2, according to the numbers, my battery dropped from 87 to 79%.

I have no processes running in the background, brightness set to about the middle, wifi on (although SHH off), and have a custom theme (Buuf2), custom lockscreen and custom slider.

Anyone else's battery like this??
  2. Richard101

Richard101 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Winterboard uses up alot of battery power because it uses Mobile Substrate. I have noticed with my Second Gen iPod Touch that as soon as i install something that uses Mobile Substrate that my battery life gets almost cut in half. Therefore i dont really theme that much because i would rather have music for the entire day instead of something that looks pretty. LOL

Hope that helps a little bit
  3. Torin_93

Torin_93 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That looks about normal! Lower your brightness and turn SSH off when not in use
  4. ilikeguitar90

ilikeguitar90 New Member

Alright thanks for the responses

and Richard:

If I keep winterboard but stop using custom themes/lockscreens, will that mobile substrate thing still run and cut down my battery?
  5. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i have a feeling that winterboard will still run. Just disable it through the SBSettings More section
  6. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    This is the exact reason why I don't use Winterboard and hope someone would port Customize now that it is open source.