I thought I was supposed to be able to "touch" it...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by phlippy22, Feb 21, 2008.

1. phlippy22

phlippy22 New Member

Hey guys, hoping you can help me with a problem I just found this morning. I looked through the last few pages, and I've lurked here for awhile, but I've never heard of my particular situation.

When I woke up this morning, I unplugged my 1.1.3 dev-team jailbroken iPod from the computer where it'd been charging all night. I've been using it with apps and everything perfectly for 3 weeks. Now, for some reason once I "slide to unlock" (or whatever it used to say before I changed it to "touch me"), when popping up the springboard, it appears to freeze just before it fully loads, leaving it with a slightly dimmed concentric circle look, with the brightest part in the middle. It won't let me touch it anymore, since the springboard isn't fully loaded, I guess, and I can't do anything but sleep it and slide to touch again. Another example: I had a calendar reminder pop up a few minutes ago, so I "slid to view event" and it brought me to the event screen, with a clear circular brightness gradient, as if it was in the middle of brightening the screen and just stops.

Can anyone help? I'd restore and jailbreak to ZiPhone in a second if it wouldn't mean losing all my apps and hard work with calendar entries and such (don't have Outlook on my PC). Thanks!
  2. korean92

korean92 New Member

yeah, i have a similar problem. i can open apps, but i cant do anything in the apps. i just usually reboot my ipot like 1000 times and it starts to work properly again. i also installed an application called caterpillar. and it made that problem worse
  3. korean92

korean92 New Member

ooohhh, found something out. next time you sync with itunes, when it syncs in the beginning(if u have automatic sync) then cancel the one in the beginning and you should be alright.!!!!
  4. korean92

korean92 New Member

i still get the dimmed screen, and u can still open apps but u cant tap, scroll, or anything once ur in the app. it also happens at the most random times. ill be using my ipod, and ill turn it off, then use it later and this'll happen. then it'll be retarded for a good amount of time, then ill usually turn it off and use it the next morning and everything will be fine.

any leads to why this is happening?
  5. Go Avalanche

Go Avalanche Banned

restore is the only thing you can do OR back up your apps