I though this problem was fixed

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by rohit92, Feb 5, 2008.

1. rohit92

rohit92 New Member

I have been using my iPod for a few days with the dev team method and I thought that this problem was fixed. The problem is that after left on for a while, the ipod shuts off by itself and I have to restart using the sleep and home button. Why is this happening? It used to happen to me on 1.1.2 as well. I have heard that many people had this problem and there has been no true resolution. Please help...
  2. Paintball

Paintball New Member

There really isn't any true solution. It seems to be a problem with the hardware or low-level software. Just curious, do you have a case with magnets on it? There have been rumors goin around that that may cause it, but we are unsure of it yet.
  3. rohit92

rohit92 New Member

I do have a case the closes with a magnetic force, I will take it off and see what happens. If that is the case, should I call the company?
  4. Paintball

Paintball New Member

Umm, no. It's just what happens with them. It isn't by any chance a Griffin case is it?
  5. MTBPatriot

MTBPatriot New Member

I've been having the same exact problem. Out of curiosity, is your case a Griffin Elan?

Hope your problems are fixed soon
  6. rohit92

rohit92 New Member

Yes it is.... The Griffin Elan Convertible
  7. rohit92

rohit92 New Member

If I recall, I do not remember this problem happening on version 1.1.1, but only on 1.1.2 and 1.1.3? You think I just did not realize it happen or something on 1.1.1 or maybe it is a glitch in the firmware. I really liked this case...Darn!!! I hope it is not the problem.
  8. Paintball

Paintball New Member

Hmmmm, alot of people have been having problems with that case. So i'd reccomend getting a new case. I have a DLO one from Best Buy that uses a magnet, yet I don't have that problem. So I'd reccomend a DLO case.

EDIT: First try taking off the case for a few days and see if that stops the problems you've been having.