I think there is going to be a 3rd webOS device by Palm.

Discussion in 'HP TouchPad & WebOS Hacks' started by sprint_user, Nov 3, 2009.

1. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I think there is going to be a 3rd webOS device by Palm. I mean, think about it, the Pre dropped to $150, and now the Pixi is coming out for $99. There is really no “top of the line” quality webOS phone. $150 is a midrange smartphone price. So, I think in Q2 of 2010, a third webOS device will be released, being priced at $250-300. You know Palm is abandoning WinMo, since they are having success with webOS, I just think it is time for another, high end webOS device to finish off the lineup . The Pixi will be the budget webOS phone, the Pre will be the mid ranged/consumer, and the future webOS device will be the beast. I think they trying to resemble BlackBerry’s line up, the Pearl, Curve, and Bold. I also think one device will stay exclusive to Sprint, kind of like how the Bold is exclusive to AT&T, bringing more customers.
    What are your thoughts on this?

Please Register or Log in to view images

By the way, I think the Pixi is very sexy.

2. Sxeisawe

Sxeisawe Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was thinking the same kind of thought. The Pre is coming to Verizon in early Q1, but I think that Palm would at least change the pre up a little bit so that it is not the same exact thing that has been out on Sprint for a while. An entirely new webOS device would be great, hopefully they announce any sort of update before my contract is up.
  3. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I agree. Personally, I believe that webOS (and Palm) is the most interesting news of the year. Before I had an iPod touch, I had multiple Palm PDA's. I really want to see them succeed, and thrive.

They are the only company to directly rival Apple, and I highly respect that (in any company).

Honestly, I'd love to see a Palm webOS media player thing, in the same form factor as the Pre (or Pixi, which is sexy), minus the phone. The moment that happens, HELLO webOS!
  4. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Never even though of that. I think they should make the top of the line webOS phone a full touch screen, like the iPhone, then release a non phone version, like the iPod touch.
  5. _JKK_

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    That'd be great.

I take it that you like webOS?
  6. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Haha yep. My friend has a Pre, and I always play around with it when I am with him. I am going to purchase a Pre in January most likely.
  7. ben

ben Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was thinking just about the same thing.
    I don't see them abandoning webOS any time soon.
  8. _JKK_

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Awesome. Well, I'd get the Pre now, but I'm locked in with Verizon...

So that is why I'm waiting (hoping?) for a media device-like thing that runs webOS, made by Palm.
  9. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Haha nope, bye bye WinMo
    Verizon? Don't sweat it. http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/10/17/verizon-confirms-palm-pre-hitting-big-red-early-next-year/