I think my iPod Touch is BRICKED!?!?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Timiscute, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Timiscute

Timiscute Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah yeah I know everyone says the iPod touch can't be bricked. Well if you believe that fix mine....

So let me tell you the whole story on Saturday night I lost power at my house so I had no computer/wifi. My iPod died the next day and I didn't get power back until Monday. When I plugged it in to my computer to charge it everything worked fine. It turned on right and wifi was working fine. I went out to dinner and when I was home later in the night I saw that the wifi wasn't working for me. I turned my iPod and my router off and on a bunch of times. The only thing that changed was that sometimes it says it can't connect to the wifi network (but my computer can), sometimes I click into the wifi settings but it can't pick up any, and other times (like right now) it just says No Wi-Fi and it won't let me click into it at all. This morning my iPod was dead again which is weird because I just fully charged it last night but I plugged it back in and it wouldn't load past the apple logo for like 15 minutes. I thought it wasn't going to get past that when I started this post but it just came on and now I'm going to try and restore it to my factory settings.

Last night I tried resetting network settings and all but the wifi still didn't work and my apps won't open except for the ones that were on there when I got the iPod (Calculator, Calendar, Etc.)

I'll try restoring it but I don't know if that will fix the wifi problem anyone?

~Tim
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    OK I restored it to factory settings which worked fine but when I go to settings I still can't click Wi-Fi and it says No Wi-Fi. Why is this? Even when I couldn't connect to wi-fi before I would be able to click into the Wi-Fi area. Any help? The iPod BLOWS without wifi. Thanks
  2. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Did you try unplugging the router and plugging it back in, that usually works for me.
  3. Timiscute

Timiscute Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah I tried unplugging the router a bunch of times but I don't think it's the router that's messed up because my Mac is hooked up to that wi-fi. In the settings for my iPod where it says Wi-Fi on the top where I usually can click into and pick a network I can now no longer click into the Wi-Fi settings at all it just says No Wi-Fi and won't let me click in.

~Tim
    Also I just restarted my iPod to see if it would change anything but it was still plugged into my Mac and it said it couldn't read the information on the iPod and needed to be restored AGAIN even though I just restored it U G H
    Ok update. Now it wont turn on AT ALL. When I turn it on I get the apple logo for a few seconds and then it goes away and its off. I plug it in and nothing happens! HELPPPPPP
  4. aced6

aced6 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Have you tried restore mode? That usually fixes all problems. If not, it sounds like a strange hardware failure.
  5. Timiscute

Timiscute Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I posted a new thread about what happened next. I tried restoring multiple times but now its not getting past "Waiting for iPod" in iTunes and the iPod shows the Apple logo with a restore bar under it but it never even starts to fill. Any idea how to fix that?

~Tim
  6. crappie_fisherman

crappie_fisherman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Tim,

I have subscribed to this tread as my iPod has the same symptoms of 'Waiting for iPod' when I try to restore it...

I am trying to learn how to fix this issue...there are three threads at the moment with the SAME symptoms...yet no real solution yet...

If you figure this out...PLEASE send me a PM telling me how you did it as my iPod is completely unusable for no apparent reason...

Thanks.
  7. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Try doing a DFU restore, then setting it up as a new iPod in iTunes. If that doesn't work, it's your hardware, so take it back to Apple. It probably isn't jailbroken after all these restores anyway.
  8. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
  9. iPwn

iPwn Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Oh I had a grayed out No Wi-Fi before. It was gone after a reboot.

And when you restore, set it up as a NEW ipod, not as a backup of ur old one, or u'll hand the problem back to urself.